low carb tracking??

Options
Dos anyone known if you can set up your daily goals to count carbs instead of calories?

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    If you go into 'My Home' -> 'Goals' you can manually set your target carb intake there. As for switching to carb only, that would be somewhat counter productive(maybe I'm wrong.. if it is something that would definately benefit you then ignore any other nutrient stats other than Carbs) and not something that would be possible on MFP(to the best of my knowledge). The macro system enables you to get a good all round knowledge of the nutrients you are consuming and work out what works best for you over time.

All the very best.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    That's a strange request, no I don't think you can do that, but you can set a carb goal that allows you to track calories and also track carbs.
  • kristyn927
    kristyn927 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Why is it strange? I'm on a low carb WOE.
  • gruvkitty
    gruvkitty Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    People who are "calorie -centric" will think your question is strange. I don't happen to think that calorie count is the final answer to weight loss for many of us. I manually set my carb goal as mentioned above, and I just hit the "nutrition" button to check my carbs during the day, or the total on the diary page. You can also manually set your carb goals (thereby also adjusting your protein and fat goals).