Buffalo Cauliflower Bites

Options
LifeInTheBikeLane
LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
So my friend got me Thug Kitchen for Christmas. I thought I might share this awesome recipe I made. I bought premade buffalo sauce (10 calories per tbl) because I didn't feel like making my own sauce but you can do what you want! Please don't mind the cursing in this, it is Thug after all. :) At the bottom is a picture of how mine turned out!!!

Cauliflower:

2 medium heads cauliflower (about 2 pounds)

1/2 cup spelt flour or whole wheat

1/cup water

Hot Sauce:

2 teaspoons oil, such as coconut or grapeseed

1/2-1/3 cup of Sriracha or a similar hot sauce

1/4 cup rice vinegar

1/2 teaspoon soy sauce

Peanut Dipping Sauce:

1/4 cup warm water

1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter

2 tablespoons rice vinegar

2 tablespoons lime juice

2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger

1 teaspoon soy sauce

1 teaspoon maple syrup

Garnish:

1 cucumber cut into finger-long sticks

Directions:

1.Crank your oven to 450 degrees. Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet. Chop up your cauliflower into little trees no bigger than your thumb.
2.Whisk together the flour and water in a big bowl until a batter forms with no chunks. Did you already f*** that s*** up. If so, start over so you don’t have chunks! Toss in the cauliflower and mix it around until all the pieces look a little coated. Spread the cauliflower out on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes. Mix them all around halfway through roasting so all the edges get a little love. They should be browned. Depending on your oven this may take longer.
3.Make the hot sauce. In a small saucepan, mix the oil, Sriracha, vinegar and soy sauce. Heat over a low heat until the sauce is warm but not bubbling. Turn off the heat and leave it alone.
4.Now it’s time for the peanut dipping sauce. In a medium glass whisk together the water and peanut butter until it all looks creamy. Add all the other ingredients and keep stirring until everything is incorporated. Stick that in the fridge until its go time.
5.After 15 minutes in the oven, dump the cauliflower back into a big bowl and toss it with the hot sauce mixture from the stovetop. Make sure everything is coated. Drop those motherf*****s back on the baking sheet, leaving the extra sauce in the bowl, and roast for another 3 minutes until everything is warm and delicious.
6.Serve hot or at room temperature with the cucumber sticks and peanut dipping sauce on the side.

Recipe (and profanity filled cooking instructions) courtesy of THUG KITCHEN.

10838024_898382900185366_2960448714211898435_o.jpg

Replies

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Im not a big fan of Sriracha, but this really looks good! I dont know why I dont do more with cauliflower. Its one of my fav veggies.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    You don't even need the pasty flour & water mixture, just roast your cauli I the oven for a bit, toss in sauce, roast a bit more and voila. That's what I do.
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Oh my. Doesn't that look yummy!
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    Options
    I realized afterwords that the paste may not be needed. In a way it may have made it more squishy then needed. But goodness gracious it turned out awesome!!!
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Thug Kitchen! That looks yummy. :D
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Now THIS is a cauliflower recipe I approve! Looks and sounds delicious :D
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    Options
    It was probably one of the easiest recipes I've done! It didn't take long and I had leftovers (a rarity in my household). Since my Love is gone until Tuesday I put it in a sealed container and into the fridge. Put it in the oven for a few minutes after work today and it was still as amazing as when I made it!!!
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have this cookbook & this was the first recipe I made! So good!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Oh my, this looks so good!