anyone with diabetes

Options
usmc01462
usmc01462 Posts: 1,944 Member
Checking to see if anyone in here has diabetes and are looking into bodybuilding

Replies

• AdviDaddy
    AdviDaddy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yup. But not into bodybuilding exactly. I am doing P90X to get back in shape and reduce my dependency on tablets.

Over the last 6 months, my sugar levels are steadily dropping down to normal range. That's encouraging.
  • usmc01462
    usmc01462 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Options
    Yeah its a pain in the butt.. I have had it for 4 years. You really have to cut out all processed foods, I have given up everything. I pretty much just eat veggies and very few fruits.. Its tough trying to maintain size. How long have you had it? I was doing 5-6 shots of insulin a day
  • JenHalstead720
    Options
    Yup I have diabetes. I am wanting to do Insanity, however, not sure if my body is ready for it yet because I just had twins 3 months ago. I may start out with walking and then work up to it.
  • eireflute
    eireflute Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to control mine w/o meds, so I'm attempting to follow the Ultrametabolism plan. Also, just purchased glucomannan - GREAT stuff. It's a fiber that helps reduce blood sugar and fat.
  • medicvaldez
    medicvaldez Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    ME ME ME!!! Type 2, got myself off insulin, on my path to goal weight, started at almost 300 lbs, at 229 now, started using MFP to track macros, ended up loving the community here. My ultimate goal is to get to DLB status but it'll never happen so if i can make the next Arnold or L.A fit Expo as a 160 pound fit mama I'll take it as a win for me.
    I want people to look at me and say "damn, she LIFTS!!"
  • medicvaldez
    medicvaldez Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Research Bitter melon, banaba root, colius forskholi, cinnamon and B complex with a min. of 50mg of inusitol.
    I had already adjusted my diet and excercise but my numbers were still in the high 300s. i met a naturopath who put me on this regimine and my numbers were normal with an A1C of 5.5 in 3 months
  • AdviDaddy
    AdviDaddy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    @Medicvaldez - Congrats! that's great. I am yet to check my A1C level. Honestly am scared to take it.

@usmc - For close to 6 yrs now. Its type II and I am on tablets (Glycomet GP2) twice a day. My fasting is now hovering around 120. I am trying to bring it sub100. Since I am a vegan, I end up eating mostly fruits, veggies, legumes and sprouts.

Its only been 4 months since I started working out but I can 'feel' the change. I have more energy all throughout the day. I can now run 3+ mins. (I could barely run for 20 seconds then). I have dropped 2 pants sizes and 30 pounds in the last 3 months.

I hope to be in the 'normal range' by end of this year.
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm type one :)

Since being on here I've more than halved the amount of insulin I was on :)