What feeds your heart?

Options
After my first ever binge-free Christmas, I'm still finding it hard to forget about the food my nostalgic heart wants. I have to stop believing the lie that the heart can be fed by food. There are so many other worthwhile things that truly feed the heart. Conversations with friends, acts of kindness, doing something creative, meditation, etc.

What do you do when you need to feed your heart?

Replies

• MrsBrown104
    MrsBrown104 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    sadley food feeds my heart too!
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    While I did not binge, I definitely overate and splurged and ate goodies at Christmas - sorry - to me it's part of it all. I was right back on track on 12/26. However, some things that feed my heart are the way animals love unconditionally, taking a long walk on a beautiful day, listening to my favorite music and singing my heart out (pretending I'm an awesome rock star!). During the holidays I feed my soul by putting my pj's on, getting my 2 nieces in their pj's and riding around looking at the lights, going to see "The Nutcracker", taking a candlelight tour of historic homes, watching every version of "Scrooge" I can... Goodness....the list is endless!
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    My heart is fed every day in a select few forums online, MFP included, where I've met some wonderful people. I get to laugh and cry with them, experience in a way both the little and big things they go through. I love and live for lively discussions of both serious and dorky nature.

In "real life" I also have some treasures of people I can call anytime I need them, and the phone works the same way in my direction.

People are what matter the most, but being an introvert I also need my own time. Then it is about various crafts, reading, thinking and observing, listening to music, or heading out for a walk or run in the nature.

Food such as very good chocolate, some sweets, or exquisite baked goods also feed my heart :)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Watercolor painting, Zumba, ballet, Facebook (I've met wonderful people)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Honest people. People that appreciate you and then tell you when you didn't expect it at all. That blows my mind. Happened on here recently and she made me so happy.
  • sexymonicat
    Options
    Fish keeping and cats >'-'<