Looking for friends and any help/suggestions .

Options
It's been a very long time since I've been on MFP. I've moved and have had many changes in my life and I know I'll be able to focus better on myself. My big issue is with carbs so I would love to hear from someone with the same struggle and help to find healthier choices. I welcome anyone new friends as well :D

Replies

• wrxking2002
    Options
    Do you have trouble letting carbs go or what? I myself have trouble not eating carbs. I love pasta and rice and it's hard for me to not eat as much of it at one time. I'm working on it and I'm still gaining knowledge on healthy alternatives.
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi! Would love to be friends. I hear you on the carbs (salty snacks are my favorite). Feel free to add me!
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm a carb-lover myself. It's all in moderation I'm finding. Feel free to add me and Good Luck on your journey. :D
  • hungryrunner30
    Options
    I am a huge carb lover but now that I'm really paying attention to my macro's and really focusing on my protein intake, I find that I'm craving less carbs. I added you
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    What kind of problem do you have carbs? Do they make you eat more going over your calorie goal? Are you afraid to eat them because many people think carbs are evil? Carbs are needed. I save my carbs for the end of the day and always save some for wine too. I guess I can't answer your question until I know what the issue is...
  • laparkerrn
    laparkerrn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I too am back to MFP after a long time. I really want to get back on the right track! Looking for friends to keep me motivated and share tips on how to keep my carb intake where it needs to be.
  • Travko
    Travko Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Anyone is free to add me. I, too, am a carb addict--I especially seem to struggle with them later in the evening. Hopefully, we can share some encouragements to ensure we're all successful.
  • SergeantNarwhal
    SergeantNarwhal Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm also looking for a few more supportive friends. <3
  • jer2kat
    jer2kat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I too struggle with carbs. I love pasta and rice and I'm having a difficult time cutting back, but I'm trying. I'm also looking for new friends. Feel free to add me.
  • wruper
    wruper Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My body craves carbs if I eat simple carbs. If I do indulge, my best success is to keep my carbs really low for a couple of days. I experience withdrawal symptoms sometimes--headaches, grouchiness, extreme cravings, etc. but after I get the carbs burned up then I can have small doses of complex carbs with my protein. I find I do better to eat very little fruit and only with protein. I need 75 to 100 grams of Protein daily. Low carb veggies in small amounts with protein work best. Once I'm free from carb cravings, I do okay so long as I don't eat any simple carbs and very few total carbs--under 60 a day. By keeping net carbs low each meal and eating protein snacks (watch carbs on protein bars-most are high), I have felt energetic & lost well. I too got off track over the holidays. Logging on and tracking food each day on MFP helps enormously.
  • jenntinn715
    jenntinn715 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would love to be friends too!! Sounds like we are in the same boat! I was on MFP a long time ago but with kids and life....everything started coming before me! I too have a love for carbs and anything sweet!!
  • lisalips30
    lisalips30 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, been on myfitness pal for over a year, I lost 63 lbs in 5 months with this program!!! of course i stopped getting on after i had reached my goal and kinda let myself go again, well, ive gained maybe 35 pounds recently but i also started back on myfitness pal about 3 weeks ago and dropped 14 pounds already!!!! so i dont have much to go anymore but I sure as hell learned my lesson as this being my final lifestyle change so im back on it, gym is 5x a week now with 2 days of lifting weights, so far im doing excellent!! will anyone add me as a friend? id love support and would love to give it back.
  • Annawaywego
    Annawaywego Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Lisa I would love to add you I need motivational friends like you and I will give you support back. Well done for losing so much and you can do it Agajn!
    Anna x
  • Annawaywego
    Options
    timeforsue wrote: »
    It's been a very long time since I've been on MFP. I've moved and have had many changes in my life and I know I'll be able to focus better on myself. My big issue is with carbs so I would love to hear from someone with the same struggle and help to find healthier choices. I welcome anyone new friends as well :D

Please add me we can spur each other on I love potatoes and anything salty (cheese) so trying hard with that,

• Annawaywego
    Options
    wruper wrote: »
    My body craves carbs if I eat simple carbs. If I do indulge, my best success is to keep my carbs really low for a couple of days. I experience withdrawal symptoms sometimes--headaches, grouchiness, extreme cravings, etc. but after I get the carbs burned up then I can have small doses of complex carbs with my protein. I find I do better to eat very little fruit and only with protein. I need 75 to 100 grams of Protein daily. Low carb veggies in small amounts with protein work best. Once I'm free from carb cravings, I do okay so long as I don't eat any simple carbs and very few total carbs--under 60 a day. By keeping net carbs low each meal and eating protein snacks (watch carbs on protein bars-most are high), I have felt energetic & lost well. I too got off track over the holidays. Logging on and tracking food each day on MFP helps enormously.

Please add me x