Ate too much pie... hi

Options
Hello, I've been on MFP for over 3 months and have been pretty diligent logging my diary and maintaining a satisfactory weight. However, these last few pounds have been a pain and it's difficult to see were to cut out any extra intake as I don't indulge much in anything... UNTIL tonight, I had 4 slices of pie. I feel gross. I'm typing out my frustration.

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options

Oh, enjoy it.
    One day of extra pie is going to make little difference in what you are trying to achieve.
    Log it, and start afresh tomorrow.
    Eat less calories than you burn.
    Make sure your food weights and measures are correct.
    Adjust your goal to .5lb per week as you are close to your goal weight.
    Happy holidays, h.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Then your other option is to burn more and be patient. Heh@only 4 slices of pie. Dont make a drama out of it, its just food and what 2000 calories at most?
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I ate nearly an entire pie to myself, sometime last year. You know what happened? Nothin'. I had a tummy ache, ate less the next day.

I wrote a thread about it and got a ton of responses, mostly folks telling me to just relax.

Try to do better next time.

Also the most helpful piece of advice I got on MFP- if you are tempted into overeating baked goods, cut and freeze individual slices. I do this with a lot of baked stuff now. It heats up in the microwave perfectly, prevents over-eating.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Added- I've been maintaining since july.
  • ASG_21
    ASG_21 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Just log that pie and move on :) It was worth it if it tasted good? ;)

I definitely feel your frustration, since I'm fighting my last 2 kilos off (around 5 pounds) myself. Although in my case, I just seem to crash and burn every time I reach within 500 grams (a pound) of my goal and gain some back and start over. Tighten up your logging, forget about the pie (we have to indulge sometimes or we'll all go crazy!) and just keep trucking along :)
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    Your frustration should really only depend on the type of pie. Pumpkin? I'd be mad that I wasted all those sweet calories on pumpkin too. Pecan? I totally get it, it's the most delicious pie ever. Chocolate? Like it but may feel sick afterwards.

Before we can give any advice, we have to know what kind of pie it was.
  • cowgoo
    cowgoo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. All of this support has been helpful. Melimom TARDIS... I wish I had thought to do a photo like you have
  • cowgoo
    cowgoo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Chocolate mousse... dark chocolate. Every bite was good until the last slice, then it just felt forced
  • dawn0293
    dawn0293 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Didn't have any pie but a lovely Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake did me in on Xmas eve in much of the same manner. I ate it until I had an internal battle between 'I'm so full I can't eat another bite' and 'but it's so good, can't stop' for a good five minutes. Eventually the feeling that I might just explode won out.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    The problem isn't the pie I ate on Christmas, but the pie that we brought home because of course my brother overbought on the desserts, and everyone had to take some. So, in my family, we are eating one slice a night to get rid of the stuff, but I'd rather not be eating it. Then, there are all the chocolates and goodie baskets relatives make. However, I feel guilty about throwing it out because it really is delicious! So, I eat a modest treat every day and just track it.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    cowgoo wrote: »
    Chocolate mousse... dark chocolate. Every bite was good until the last slice, then it just felt forced

Ewwww, I'd feel frustrated too. I hate dark chocolate.

But if it was delicious, that's all that matters. I have no other advice other than to try a different pie next time lol.
  • MrsBrown104
    MrsBrown104 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    LOL im eating pie now while reading about weight loss....... whoops!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    cowgoo wrote: »
    Hello, I've been on MFP for over 3 months and have been pretty diligent logging my diary and maintaining a satisfactory weight. However, these last few pounds have been a pain and it's difficult to see were to cut out any extra intake as I don't indulge much in anything... UNTIL tonight, I had 4 slices of pie. I feel gross. I'm typing out my frustration.

Congratulations. You are human. Pie is delicious.