First time here

Options
Hey all! I'm guessing this is a pretty typical post, but I just heard of this and thought I'd give it a try. I've had a hard time trying to exercise to lose weight and wouldn't mind making new friends going through the same thing to give and receive encouragement and feedback through the process! Let me know if you want to get to know each other! I love talking to new people!

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

Losing weight is all about how many calories you eat vs how many calories you use. If you eat less than you burn, you lose weight.

Exercise is about getting healthier (and 'earning' more calories to eat). :flowerforyou:

I lost more than 70 pounds, most of it without exercise. I added in running for the last 10 pounds.

Good luck! You can do this!
  • Tobi43
    Tobi43 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :) Feel free to add me if you would like a buddy for motivation. I started my day 1 yesterday, and exercise is something that I am really wanting to hit hard this time around. Best wishes on your journey! :)
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I have lost 82 pounds using MFP, it is a great resource. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • sammyd2013
    sammyd2013 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want to :)
  • LandyBreigh
    LandyBreigh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place for support, ideas, and fun. I've lost 15 pounds since November 4 and still going, despite the Holiday treats! Good luck to you and add me if you'd like. :smiley:
  • mjhatfield
    Options
    Thanks guys! I just figured out how to get back to this message board and seen all of your comments and support :)