Heart rate monitor

Options
I currently have a fitbit flex and im really happy with it. However i am looking for a product that i can wear just during my workouts that give me that extra information.

Would anyone be able to suggest a heart rate monitor they have enjoyed? One with the ability to measure heart rate/pulse.

A bonus would be a link to MFP but not a huge deal :)

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I have had the Polar F4 and F7. I had some technical difficulties with the F4 and replaced it with the F7. It's probably overkill for me because all I do is track calories, heart rate and pulse, but it's quite easy to set up and use for that. I'm too flighty to check out the other capabilities.
  • YoshiCow
    YoshiCow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I did have to Polar FT4. Was pretty good.

Recently replaced it with the Polar FT7. Absolutely love it. Works out what zone I should be in for as I have set up a training plan.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    If you have an iPhone or iPad the cheapest solution is to buy the Polar H7 heart rate monitor and to download the free Polar Beat app.

Otherwise there are numerous sports watches out there with heart rate bands that you could look into. Personally I like the Polar ones and I would look into the Polar M400 which gives you a lot for the roughly $200. I would not buy a heart rate monitor that measures your pulse on your wrist as they are not very accurate.

Also instead of going for an activity monitor with heart rate monitor strap, I would look into multisportswatches. I outgrew my fitbit One very quickly and the moment you do more than walking you will need a bit more than an activity tracker. Gamin and Polar are good brands in my opinion.
    Stef.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    SKME2013 wrote: »
    If you have an iPhone or iPad the cheapest solution is to buy the Polar H7 heart rate monitor and to download the free Polar Beat app.

Otherwise there are numerous sports watches out there with heart rate bands that you could look into. Personally I like the Polar ones and I would look into the Polar M400 which gives you a lot for the roughly $200. I would not buy a heart rate monitor that measures your pulse on your wrist as they are not very accurate.

Also instead of going for an activity monitor with heart rate monitor strap, I would look into multisportswatches. I outgrew my fitbit One very quickly and the moment you do more than walking you will need a bit more than an activity tracker. Gamin and Polar are good brands in my opinion.
    Stef.

The part in bold really depends on the model. The touch to read models are inaccurate. The Mio products are accurate ... good sensor and side shielding. The Schoche Rhythm+ gets good reviews for accuracy. So do the latest Adidas and TomTom optical HR products.

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    adelinax wrote: »
    I currently have a fitbit flex and im really happy with it. However i am looking for a product that i can wear just during my workouts that give me that extra information.

Would anyone be able to suggest a heart rate monitor they have enjoyed? One with the ability to measure heart rate/pulse.

A bonus would be a link to MFP but not a huge deal :)

You should probably connect a heart-rate monitor to Fitbit, not MFP.

You can get more advice about using MFP + Fitbit + HRM in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • boomhower1820
    boomhower1820 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I use a Polar H7 with the digifit app that syncs with MFP. Really happy with it overall. Sometimes the H7 can be fussy connecting to my phone but works in the end.