Maintaining weight? activity level? please need advice <3 Happy christmas/new year

Options
Im female, 22 years old
123 llbs (56kg)
5 foot 9 inches (176cm)
I do about 15-30 mins on my exercise bike daily
I do alot of walking most days
I work fulltime in a hospital (37.5 hours) where im mostly on my feet all day

Not sure what to class my activity level as? :)
any help/advice would be amazing! <3

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    It sounds like moderately active, since you are on your feet all day. Your activity level includes all regular daily activity, but you can log your intentional exercise separately. See what maintenance calories you come up with, try it for a few weeks, then adjust as necessary.
  • carlenemccullough
    Options
    Ulwaz wrote: »
    Im female, 22 years old
    123 llbs (56kg)
    5 foot 9 inches (176cm)
    I do about 15-30 mins on my exercise bike daily
    I do alot of walking most days
    I work fulltime in a hospital (37.5 hours) where im mostly on my feet all day

Not sure what to class my activity level as? :)
    any help/advice would be amazing! <3

Why do you want loss more weight I'm 5' 1 wait 119 I think I look pretty good. Check out bmi you ate probably under wait.
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    i want to maintain not lose? so not sure what you're referring too :s
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    OP - are you following the MFP "eat back exercise calories" method or TDEE method?
    If MFP method then your exercise biking isn't part of your activity setting - that's why you log it and get "extra" calories added to your total.

By the MFP definitions your lifestyle sounds like:
    Active: Spend a good part of the day doing some physical activity (e.g. waitress, mailman)

Whatever you chose you may well have to experiment to find your correct calorie count. Trial and error beats any calculator.
  • Ulwaz
    Options
    thanks for the reponses :)
  • estherdfoster
    estherdfoster Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    this is the site i use to look at how many calories i need for either maintaining, losing or gaining, and it shows per amount each week you prefer to lose or gain.
    http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    If you can afford a fitbit zip or other activity monitor, you can set to sedentary and have it add in your activities. (You'll have to log the biking, because that doesn't count well.) I find that because my activities change from day to day that is the easiest way to get my calories correct.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    nxd10 wrote: »
    If you can afford a fitbit zip or other activity monitor, you can set to sedentary and have it add in your activities. (You'll have to log the biking, because that doesn't count well.) I find that because my activities change from day to day that is the easiest way to get my calories correct.

This.. give it a try.
  • Ulwaz
    Options
    thanks guys