Looking for mom/mum friends of any age or area

Options
Hello,
I'm not new to MFP but am looking for more mom/mum friends (depending where you're from)on here who can really relate to what we go through on a daily basis in trying juggle children with work, keeping a home and trying to keep fit too!
I'm a mom of 5, ages raging from 20 down to 4 and I work part time as a teaching assistant.
I've successfully lost just over 20lbs while on MFP but have been slacking as of late and could really do with some friends for support and motivation to lose just a few more pounds - but more importantly just to get back into living a healthy lifestyle with regular exercise.
When I used to exercise I was quite keen on jogging, cycling, walking, Chalean Extreme and Les Mills Combat.
Hope to speak soon :)

Replies

• startingover72
    startingover72 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ElizabethMaryam
    ElizabethMaryam Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm a mum and have a hectic schedule. Add me if you would like :). A lot of my friends have kids also.
  • MomnWife
    MomnWife Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Desiree, also mom to 5. Ages four to 12. I would love to connect with you guys!
  • startingover72
    startingover72 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    FR's sent :)
  • ragan4bama
    ragan4bama Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Feel Free to add me. I've been away for a bit but I'm back!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mum of 3 (5 years, 3 years and nearly 8 months). I'm on maternity leave now (we get a year in England) and when I work I'm a secondary school teacher, although I've been part time since I had my first child. I'm dreading going back and juggling all the planning and marking with looking after 3 kids. My eldest is at school so I've got to find time to listen to him read every night, help with spellings etc too, and my middle one starts school in Sept, so it'll be the same for her.

My husband works shifts, which is hard going when he's on lates as I'm on my own all evening, and when he's on earlies I'm on my own getting everyone ready for school/nursery/work etc. However, it works well for my exercise as I can go to the gym in the morning on his lates week and the afternoon/evening on his earlies week.

I lost 66lbs after my 2nd baby, and I've got about 35lbs to lose now after my 3rd.

At the moment I'm doing a combination of PT sessions, kettlebells, spinning, aerobics, and running.
  • clumsy526
    Options
    I'm a mom to one almost four year old little girl. I live in Michigan. I've been struggling with the same thing. I was a single mom for three years, and I did alright juggling my daughter, work, home, and health. Now I'm almost married to my long time friend. We've lived with him for 6 mths and things are a lot harder. Adding "wife" into my roles has bumped health out. I need to make room for it again, especially since I'm getting married in less than four months! Anyone can feel free to add me!