220pounds 5'6" ladies losing weight

Options
Hi Everyone,

So it has been almost a year and I have dropped from around 267 to my current 223 probably up a few pounds over the holidays.
I am looking for similar girls in the same height and weight looking to lose. I would like to hit onederland by April.
What are your calorie goals and exercise routines?
I am aiming for 1500 calories and I brisk walk 5x a week. Is this realistic?
I have stalled out because I lost the enthusiasm to keep in my calorie goal range, I still walk and take the stairs only. I am looking for that support group that has similarities to motivate me.

Any thoughts? Experiences?
thanks

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I am 5"6" and started at 202.5 last January. At thst time I wasn't logging calories but I'm guessing I ate around 1600-1700 most days and then 2000 or so on Sundays. I would say that 199 by April is doable. How do you do with time-based goals like that? I am terrible with them as I get anxious and discouraged when I get close and don't seem likely to meet them.
  • kristimason3
    kristimason3 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and was at 224 lbs after the birth of my daughter back in 2007. I am currently at 139 aiming at 135, which I honestly didn't think was possible. I did it all wrong for the first 40lbs or so. Yoyo dieting. Not being consistent. Went up and down the scale for years. Then I found mfp. My initial goals were set at 2lbs a week (I was at 172 when I started here) and I was listing myself as lightly active. That put me at 1220 cals a day or something like that. It was frustrating. I was seeing a lot of red and it was discouraging. I started walking my dog every day at least 30 minutes. I removed tracking sugar since mfp doesn't differentiate between natural and processed. One banana would put me over. Any red I saw would get me upset and make me feel like it wasn't sustainable. If you are tracking carbs I think there's no need for tracking sugar, unless ofcourse you are diabetic or really need to watch it. I then changed my goals to 1.5lbs a week and my status to active. That put me at a much more reasonable 1460 cals. Do able. No more red. I have an amazing friends list of supportive, active members and I can't emphasize enough how helpful that's been to me. I started using this site like I normally would Facebook and it encouraged me to stay on track, be consistent and I've learned alot from others as far as what to eat, how much exercise I should be doing etc. I'm now at a point where, depending on how active I am in a day with exercise I can pretty much eat whatever the hec I want and am still consistently losing..some days its close to 2k a day like the holidays, other days I have a hard time now eating enough calories in a day because the foods I've grown to like over the past few months (lots of vegetables, fruit, pb2) don't have a lot of calories. I can feel like I'm eating a ton of food when I'm only hitting about 1220. So, it's a process. I believe consistency is the key. Start by just making substitutions for the foods you already eat and force yourself to get in 30 minutes a day of some form of exercise. After a few weeks you'll notice you have more energy, more stamina, more desire to eat better foods. Once you are there just continue making small changes. You can do this! 2015 is your year!
  • mallory_2014
    mallory_2014 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5' and 223. I aim to eat at least 1600 plus exercise calories daily. You want to ensure you are not eating too little. Eat at least half of your exercise calories back. I think getting to 199 is definitely doable by April. Aim for 1 lb per week.
  • BancroftLady
    BancroftLady Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I also around 216 and the same height, have been staying the same for some time now and need to incorporate exercise and lowering my carbs a little.. not a lot.. slow and steady.. for me its planning.. add me as a friend if you like so we can motivate each other :) Your plan for April sounds doable.. i would be happy with the same results..
  • davidttrim41
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 44 years old. At 198 lbs. Apparently going thru the changes so my midsection is getting bigger. Never been this heavy in my life. I will be staying home with my new grand baby so does anyone have any advice if I do low carb?
  • debbiehewittnorth
    Options
    Jojojesse wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

So it has been almost a year and I have dropped from around 267 to my current 223 probably up a few pounds over the holidays.
    I am looking for similar girls in the same height and weight looking to lose. I would like to hit onederland by April.
    What are your calorie goals and exercise routines?
    I am aiming for 1500 calories and I brisk walk 5x a week. Is this realistic?
    I have stalled out because I lost the enthusiasm to keep in my calorie goal range, I still walk and take the stairs only. I am looking for that support group that has similarities to motivate me.

Any thoughts? Experiences?
    thanks

• debbiehewittnorth
    Options
    I am 5 years old and 5 foot 3 inches tall. I weigh 205 pounds and I am looking to get down to 140 pounds. I am tired from the time I get up until I go to bed at night. I want to nap during they day and have no interest in exercising. I'm in menopause and have a overweight husband and 13 year old daughter. I really am depressed about my weight and my family's. My mother died at 52 years old and I will be 52 soon. I need to get started with a plan and just do it. Nice to see I'm not alone. Thanks
  • debbiehewittnorth
    Options
    51 years old sorry.
  • Jojojesse
    Jojojesse Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for some encouragement! I wish I knew where the original motivation went. I was able to pass on the sweets for such a long time, but no longer, after i eat my meal all I can focus on is what sweet item I can top it off with. I need to really switch it up at this point, so I am at day 4 of my new attempt and I have failed miserably, but Monday is a new day, will keep reading the success stories in hopes someone's story will inspire me! I do know losing the 40 pounds I have lost has made me feel good, how good my blood pressure is buts I just hate for example going into a "regular " store and still not fitting the biggest size! Really!!!!? I should do that everyday, perhaps that would motivate.
  • faerieflora
    faerieflora Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    In the same boat. I'm at 222, 5'6", 33 years old. I used mfp a few years ago and dropped weight. Then I got lazy and hates 'wasting' time logging. Wanted to eat to be 'happy'. So, I'm looking for people in the same boat to friend on here to help with the motivation. Feel free to add me or send a message. I'm getting so tired of hating what I see when I look in the mirror. I'm going to to do this this time! :)
  • livelifenow91
    livelifenow91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Im definitely in the same boat. 225, 5'6" - yoyo and fad diets, laziness, struggle with taking time to log food, but want to grt to 195 by april. Would love friends to motivate/support each other!