Need a little New Years Resolution motivation?! (pics)

2»

Replies

• Thanks so much everyone! I'm 5'7". In the before pictures I'm 214.7 and in the after pictures I'm 168. I'm currently in a size 10 pant/dress and M/L shirt. I started the 21 Day Fix in February and followed that for three weeks. Took a week off then started T25 (Alpha-Beta) following roughly a 1600 calorie diet and using MFP to track. Took another week off then did T25 Gamma following the same calorie restrictions. Then I just focused on walking, running, and in August started training for a half marathon. I didn't follow any specific dietary restrictions during my 12 week training, but tried to keep balanced! I've done two more rounds of the 21 Day Fix in there, just to detox and get back to clean eating habits. I'm starting Les Mills Combat TOMORROW :-) I plan on following around 1800 calories. I'm going to try and run at least 5 miles per week starting January 1st to keep conditioned for future races (possibly a full marathon next November...eek!). Feel free to friend me if you have any similar goals, want to help keep me accountable, or need accountability yourself ^_^

I'd like to know more about the programs you completed. I googled and it looks like they're all Beach Body programs. What do you think of them? Are they worth the money? It's nice to hear from someone that tried them without endorsing them.
  • infinikitty
    infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
    Vananners wrote: »

I'd like to know more about the programs you completed. I googled and it looks like they're all Beach Body programs. What do you think of them? Are they worth the money? It's nice to hear from someone that tried them without endorsing them.

I believe they can totally be worth the price if you are willing to put in the work. A lot of times people are out for a quick fix, and if you've been around the "weight loss block" you know that quick weight loss never lasts. Finding a good balance between exercise and food choices is really the way to go, and for me at-home fitness just works. I never really liked the gym unless I had a buddy to go with and with my schedule (I commute 1 1/2 hours each way), it was just impossible to find a stable gym buddy. This way I can do it on my own time, and mix it up a bit without paying out every month. The ones I listed I've had good success with, but I've tried others that are okay and others that I straight up don't like. But I think the "secret" to success really lies in finding something you can stick with and that you enjoy doing. If you aren't a cardio person, don't pick a cardio program. If you can't live without carbs, don't do a low-carb diet. Every person is different and there's no "one size fits all." Different strokes for different folks, right?! MFP has definitely helped me track my progress and make connections with great motivators and accountability buddies for sure!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!