Being a bridesmaid and wanting to slim down?

Options

Replies

• CatAMcC
    CatAMcC Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    How everyone doing?! very quiet............

2 weeks with personal trainer and down 6 lbs!!!! still way to go yet but pleased hard work showing off. Ideally liked more but then who doesnt and slow means off longer!!
  • Xenophonica
    Xenophonica Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    That's great, CatAMcC!

I'm down a total of 15lbs now, will be taking measurements again next week or the week after. Let me see if I can figure out the photo thing...
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/XenophonicScream/Weight Loss Progress/comparison1.jpg[/img]

Assuming this works, picture on the right is when I brought my dress home. Snug, would be acceptable but room to slim down.
    Second photo was down 11lbs and 6 inches a week and a half ago. I will do another fitting in a few weeks :)
    I apologize for looking mad in the current photo. I had been fighting with the lighting in my bathroom to get a shot haha
  • MarianneDarroch
    MarianneDarroch Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Just found this post at the perfect time!!

I have just been asked to be a bridesmaids for November this year and we are going dress shopping in a month!

Have been on and off here quite a bit, not going to do anything drastic just focus more on nutrition and exercise. I seem to work well when I have a goal to work towards so 4 weeks short term goal and November long term then maintenance after that.

Always looking for friends for motivation and support so feel free to add if you are in a similar situation :-)
  • CatAMcC
    Options
    That's great, CatAMcC!

I'm down a total of 15lbs now, will be taking measurements again next week or the week after. Let me see if I can figure out the photo thing...
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/XenophonicScream/Weight Loss Progress/comparison1.jpg[/img]

Assuming this works, picture on the right is when I brought my dress home. Snug, would be acceptable but room to slim down.
    Second photo was down 11lbs and 6 inches a week and a half ago. I will do another fitting in a few weeks :)
    I apologize for looking mad in the current photo. I had been fighting with the lighting in my bathroom to get a shot haha

Oh wow thats amazing! What exercises you focus on? Any foods your think helping you with a boost? Just noticed this on this feed sorry for delay!
  • CatAMcC
    Options

I have just been asked to be a bridesmaids for November this year and we are going dress shopping in a month!

Have been on and off here quite a bit, not going to do anything drastic just focus more on nutrition and exercise. I seem to work well when I have a goal to work towards so 4 weeks short term goal and November long term then maintenance after that.

Always looking for friends for motivation and support so feel free to add if you are in a similar situation :-)

Hi! I just want to do so well before first fitting for Wedding 1 in Aug and hopefully be confident to say to dress maker - I will be needing the dress to come in a bit in future !
  • Xenophonica
    Options
    Oh wow thats amazing! What exercises you focus on? Any foods your think helping you with a boost? Just noticed this on this feed sorry for delay!

I've been walking 5 mornings a week, approx 20 mins/1 mile (early enough so that my brain doesn't realize that I'm awake yet haha)
    30 DS every other day
    Couch 2 5k or an extra walk every other day.

I have 1-2 rest days a week, depending on how I'm feeling. Though I haven't done ANYTHING for nearly 3 days due to being sick and I'm anxious to get back to work!
  • Xenophonica
    Options

Awesome! What is your game plan?
  • cweaver1981
    cweaver1981 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am going to be a bridesmaid for my best friend May 2014. I am so honored that she asked me. I have been trying to lose weight for some time, but this is definitely giving me extra motivation. I don't want to me the only chunky girl in the wedding and most of the girls are really thin. I don't need to be skinny; I want to be fit.
  • CatAMcC
    Options
    I'm a bride, but 3 of my 4 bridesmaids are on here kicking butt!! Only reason my 4th isn't is because she's pregnant...trying to get bigger lol

She's lucky to have that excuse! lol
  • paulaxx33
    paulaxx33 Posts: 2
    Options
    I need to lose about 14 lb for a wedding in 4 weeks... :( I've been putting off dieting for months and now I think I may have left it too late. Any advice on a diet and exercise combo that will make me shrink fast without killing me?.!
  • CatAMcC
    Options
    I need to lose about 14 lb for a wedding in 4 weeks... :( I've been putting off dieting for months and now I think I may have left it too late. Any advice on a diet and exercise combo that will make me shrink fast without killing me?.!

I think safe to say losing that much in short time is very drastic but you can try to do as much as you can at same time feeling better in yourself which will then show in photos.

Drink tons of water, cut out junk and up your exercises and after week see how you get on and maybe up exercises again. If you don't do gym - try the 30 day shred? It will help you lose inches.
  • paulaxx33
    paulaxx33 Posts: 2
    Options
    I bought the 30 day shred and it's been sitting on top of the DVD player for a month. I'm a little intimidated by it but I guess I just have to go for it!

The wedding is in America (I'm from the UK) so we're making a holiday out of it. My kids are already planning a water park day so I have the whole swim suit crisis running through my head!

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to the DVD right now before I change my mind!
  • CatAMcC
    Options
    I bought the 30 day shred and it's been sitting on top of the DVD player for a month. I'm a little intimidated by it but I guess I just have to go for it!

The wedding is in America (I'm from the UK) so we're making a holiday out of it. My kids are already planning a water park day so I have the whole swim suit crisis running through my head!

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to the DVD right now before I change my mind!

I didn't do much of it as moved house and then kinda forgot about it but if you really want to look better it will help. THink its aimed more at toning than weight loss so don't get too disheartened and others say by 3rd week it shows.
  • Xenophonica
    Options
    Jumping back in and trying to get some exercise in. I burned my hand badly last week and then got sick so I didn't work out for nearly a week. Bleh. I went to the gym yesterday, but am now sore today because I went so long without being active! Ugh! Haha. Ah well, I can either complain about it or keep moving ^^
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    As soon as I knew SIL was getting serious with her BF (now fiance) I made it my goal to lose at least 85 lbs this year! I knew I would be asked to be a bridesmaid and as she and her friends are gorgeous I didn't want to be the 240lb beast of the group, lol. I'm down 53lbs so far this year and just joined a gym to start lifting weights and resistance training to tone up and lose my last 30-40lbs. We can do this! Oh, and her wedding is November, I hope to be at goal or very close by then ;)
  • pugsleyjean
    pugsleyjean Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Im becoming a bride in October 2014. I started here to get into shape and tracking my food has really helped. Didn't realize how much crap I was eating everyday. I would love to get down to 120 and currently at 143. Lost 20lbs since March 29th!
    I recently borrowed a Jillian DVD from a girlfriend and its just sitting there screaming for me to have her kick my *kitten*. Todays a new month so today should be the day I go for it all! Best of luck to you in your goals!
  • CatAMcC
    Options
    As soon as I knew SIL was getting serious with her BF (now fiance) I made it my goal to lose at least 85 lbs this year! I knew I would be asked to be a bridesmaid and as she and her friends are gorgeous I didn't want to be the 240lb beast of the group, lol. I'm down 53lbs so far this year and just joined a gym to start lifting weights and resistance training to tone up and lose my last 30-40lbs. We can do this! Oh, and her wedding is November, I hope to be at goal or very close by then ;)

Wow what have you been doing to do so well??

Share please!!
  • CatAMcC
    Options
    Im becoming a bride in October 2014. I started here to get into shape and tracking my food has really helped. Didn't realize how much crap I was eating everyday. I would love to get down to 120 and currently at 143. Lost 20lbs since March 29th!
    I recently borrowed a Jillian DVD from a girlfriend and its just sitting there screaming for me to have her kick my *kitten*. Todays a new month so today should be the day I go for it all! Best of luck to you in your goals!

How have you managed to lose 20lbs? Thats fab!! Need to know what Im doing wrong
  • jammie_dodger
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have just been asked to be a bridesmaid for a wedding this Xmas. Other two bridesmaids and the bride are tiny :( althought I am so honoured to be asked there was a feeling of dread and I hate that I have let myself get so bad that I can't experience nice and exciting things :(

Anyone feel free to add me!!
  • Ptalja
    Ptalja Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to lose weight all year for two weddings- one in August, the other in October. I've got about 5 pounds to go but my loss stalled about 3 months ago- no changes in weight or inches at all!. I'm thinking of taking a break for a few weeks to reset but will be sad to be short of my goal at the August wedding.