SwitzEngine
SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
I wouldn't

Replies

• timeforsue
    timeforsue Posts: 15
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm trying to sell a cheap gift I got at a Yankee swap.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    If in retail I would, though I usually buy and occasionally make a few.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    REGIFT!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Depends what it is
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Heck yes, I already have (from this year). My dad gave my husband and I a lot of small appliances he bought cheaply at a big box store and we have zero interest in using or storing them so I sold them on Craigslist already. Used some of the money for lunch out and will probably buy clothes or movie tickets with the rest.
  • GretchenB02
    GretchenB02 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yes I would!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't like getting or buying gifts unless the person specifically says what they want then it's a waste of money. Ask me what I want and I'll let you know although I like gift cards because then you can pick what you like.
  • threefancy35
    threefancy35 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I usually just throw them in the trash. I've told my MIL many, many times that I don't want or need anything, but she insists on giving me a bunch of useless junk.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I would if it were guaranteed that the giver would never find out. Also it depends on what it is. A handknitted scarf took way more thought and effort and time than a Bath and Bodyworks lotion set. I'd be more likely to hawk the latter.

I sold a California Pizza Kitchen gift card from my grandparents (bless them) to my mom. Not because I wasn't grateful for the gift, but because that restaurant completely nauseates me, and I would have never, ever used it. At least now someone gets to enjoy it.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would sell my gifts. We plan to have a massive garage sale this summer and about 80% of the stuff is xmas gifts from past years and this year.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    mockchoc wrote: »
    This is why I don't like getting or buying gifts unless the person specifically says what they want then it's a waste of money. Ask me what I want and I'll let you know although I like gift cards because then you can pick what you like.

I agree. I do appreciate any gift, but I'm way too practical to hang onto a mini deep dish pie making machine that my dad found cheap on clearance at Sam's Club, lol. I love gift cards. I even think of the giver when I use or wear whatever I buy myself with their gift card...maybe that's kind of weird, but I do! I think "how nice of Kayla to get me this giftcard to Macy's so I can have warm fleecy pajama pants on".

Some of my favorite gifts are really mundane practical things like tape, huge bag of almonds, etc. I also like getting other people things they will truly like and/or use.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. In fact I sold a bunch of things on ebay a few months ago and unused Christmas gifts from years past were included.

I don't like clutter, and if you are not using something what is the sense in keeping it? Once a gift is given and appreciated, what the recipient does with it is their business.