I have a Fitbit question

Options
Where I work I can't get a mobile phone signal, if I was to go for a work in my lunch break would the Fitbit log the exercise with MFP

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Fitbit gives calorie adjustments if your daily calorie burn is over what MFP estimates.
    So while you won't see "walking" in your exercise diary, you will get an adjustment if your walk increased your daily burn enough.

It doesn't matter when you sync your fitbit. Some people only sync once at the end of the day before bed. You still get an adjustment, because the math behind it doesn't change. Now your adjustment itself can increase/decrease up until midnight as your activity level changes.

Oh and the adjustments on MFP don't change until you sync your fitbit. So if you don't have an adjustment now and then go for a walk, you won't see the adjustment for that walk until you sync your fitbit.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    MFP has a Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

You sync your activity tracker with your Fitbit account*, then Fitbit tells MFP how many calories you've burned since midnight. MFP predicts how many calories you'll burn by 11:59 p.m., compares that number to the activity level you chose, and adjusts your calories accordingly.

You can sync your Fitbit via Bluetooth to a smartphone or tablet, or you can use a dongle to sync it with a computer.