Lost motivation...

Options
I am so close to my goal weight, yet I keep ruining my eating plans. I wake up in the morning with a positive outlook but by mid to late day I am eating my way to gaining back my lost weight. I know I just need to get back at it and stay focused but I could use some encouragement and maybe some of you could share your success stories (I always find those so inspiring). Thanks

Replies

• LeelooX2014
    LeelooX2014 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I find if I arm myself with tons of healthy options I eat a lot with little calories. Like black bean hummus and carrots, cottage cheese, Greek yogurts, tons of salad stuff. Also, a BIG cup of chai tea with honey can stop me in my binging tracks. You have to sip it slow and by the time you finish it, sometimes the "hunger" you bought you had is gone. You can do this! You're so close!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Try pre-logging your day. I have a personal rule, if it's not logged, I don't eat it.
  • haleigh29
    haleigh29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions Leeloo and Lifting, thanks so much. I will give both of your suggestions a try... having plenty of healthy options available and pre-logging. Thanks for your responses, they do help to motivate me.
  • RacRSR
    RacRSR Posts: 5
    Options
    @haleigh29 you can do this!! When I started my journey I started using my fitness pal..but then I just got annoyed with logging every single thing and thought of it as a chore....but get down to your emotional WHY. Why do you want to keep losing weight, why do you want to tone up, why do you want to live a healthy lifestyle in the first place? That will DRIVE you to keep going. What motivates you the most to keep you going? Do you need accountability? A set eating plan? :)
  • ladyscorpio18
    ladyscorpio18 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do you have any before pictures? If so print them and post them somewhere so you can see where you started and remember why you decided to take on this whole process. I have mine right next to my treadmill. Sometimes I need that visual reminder. Best of luck!
  • carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I find allowing myself one small treat (I have a sweet tooth, so it is usually some dark chocolate) helps. The trick is saving it for the end of the day, when will power is at its weakest! Under 100 calories, but I still feel satisfied :wink:
  • carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    A real connection with a few friends on MFP can also really help (I.e. more than just the odd "like"...) After my first baby, I lost (and kept off until baby 2) 25 lbs using MFP, and a few genuine connections with back and forth communication made a huge difference, especially when it got tough. Feel free to add me if you think this could work for you!