gastric bypass weight gain

Options
2»

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    kyta32 wrote: »

No--it is for heart health, bone health, brain health and general well-being. Developing an active lifestyle that sticks is a perfectly acceptable way of losing weight and maintaining weight loss.

If you are not exercising frequently, you are not trying very hard.

OP is managing chronic illness and a toddler. I think she is probably trying as hard as she can. Have you ever tried to do an exercise video while a small person attempts to take you out at the hamstrings? I have.

OP - best wishes. Try to get enough protein and fiber to help you feel full while eating in a deficit. Making better food choices will help with your illnesses and set a good example for your child. Mild exercise, like taking your child on a walk to the park, is better than no exercise at all. You can probably also try dancing to a youtube playlist in your living room with child. All activities count, and being as active as you can helps with some illnesses. Your Dr. may be able to give you guidelines for what you can reasonably do.

Keep focused on your goal, and why you want to lose the weight. Your child will value having you around and as healthy as you can be :)

So am I. I was completely disabled when I started losing weight. I was so sick that I was unable to work for two years. I also have autoimmune diseases and an illness which causes joint pain.

Exercise is not optional, no matter how many excuses you want to make about it. Everybody can start small and build up to doing more.

• Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    I thought it was impossible to gain with gastric surgery. I'd say try harder n dont be lazy n slack off . Keep good habits and itll pay off.

No, it's not impossible to gain weight back after gastric bypass. My sister in law did as well.

True. Every person I know who's had gastric bypass (4 co-irkers) have all gained the weight back and more. Is there any type of education about food, weight gain, etc after people have this surgery?

On My 600 LB Life, they have a WLS support group at Dr. Now's office. I'm not sure about after, but my friend had WLS and she needed to do counseling and nutrition support for months before having the surgery. [She is also type 1 diabetic], I would think that post surgery there's ongoing support but that may vary from dr to dr.