what the bleep is wrong with me

Options
meeper123
meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
I have been going through some major hard core stress latly. Normally I am pretty chill not prone to spaz attacks, but since we got our pcs orders I can't get it under wraps. The closer our move gets the more i panic. I am sure I am not the only army wife or military spouse to get like this. I cant sleep in the last week i might have gotten like 6 hours total. I don't want to eat much. It it a low point today where i was pacing the living room for 5 hours trying to get our dog savely to Hawaii. I have tried everything from meditation to yoga to screaming into a pillow everything i can think of so now what do i do! (Things arent going smoothly -.-)

Replies

• meeper123
    Options
    If anything it felt good just to vent a little i dont want to put undo stress on my hubby
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Poor you :( Sorry you're going through this.

This is gonna sound a little weird, and you might be a little creeped out at first, but have you heard of ASMR videos on youtube?

Essentially it is someone speaking to you in a soft voice or a whisper. There are many facets to it, but the ultimate goal of all of them are to relax you and calm you down. They help me fall asleep all the time, and they're really a great thing. Try to get over the initial "this is SO weird..." and you might really enjoy it.

I hope you find them helpful, they really changed my life when I couldn't sleep or was having a panic attack.

Edit: My favourite is pigsbum53 on youtube, so you might want to start there :)
  • meeper123
    Options
    I will try anything at this point lol never heard of it
  • meeper123
    Options
    Her voice is very soothing and it is a little odd but its somethong to listen too i miss my white noise
  • Jen800
    Options
    I will try anything at this point lol never heard of it

Well, hopefully this will help you out! I found those videos by accident about a year and a half ago, and my life has never been the same :)
  • meeper123
    Options
    Going to try them for certain ty :)
  • cheesyrunner
    cheesyrunner Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Aww... I feel so sorry for you. I don't really know how to deal with anxiety, myself. I procrastinate and it's the worst thing to do. I'll totally be checking this thread, later.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    i dont want to put undo stress on my hubby

Taking a little stress out on your husband might be just what you two need.

:wink:
  • Jen800
    Options

:) Hope you let us know how it goes! Good luck and I hope you find comfort in anything (except food!)
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I'm a military wife.

You need to share the load with your husband. The more stress and responsibility you carry now means you will carry even more next time. I speak from experience. I was so good at handling all the yucky stuff that little by little my husband did less and less. It led to resentment from me from having to do it all.
  • meeper123
    Options
    I'm a military wife.

You need to share the load with your husband. The more stress and responsibility you carry now means you will carry even more next time. I speak from experience. I was so good at handling all the yucky stuff that little by little my husband did less and less. It led to resentment from me from having to do it all.

Didnt think about it but your right he is doing this like he does 100% of the paperwork and worries about...hmm
  • meeper123
    Options

:) Hope you let us know how it goes! Good luck and I hope you find comfort in anything (except food!)

It did help actually got a full 8 hours
  • Jen800
    Options

It did help actually got a full 8 hours

Nice! I'm glad to hear it!
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    prayer works for me.
  • meeper123
    Options
    prayer works for me.

I did actually wound up doing that gave it to Gods hands instead of trying to control things only he can i feel much better for it
  • mammakat0830
    mammakat0830 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Try something called "tapping"... I think you can look for it online. It is something like pressure points... I teach it to my clients and use it myself.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I'm not military but lived the academic life where moving around is common. EVERYONE hits complete stupid dither stage at some point in moving. What you need to do is find a sympathetic friend who has been in a state of moving dither and understands but is not moving now and let that friend hold your hand through the process. If my friend Carolyn hadn't spent the last couple days with me, I never would have gotten out of that apartment in Indiana. If I hadn't arrived the night before, my friend Kevin would have still been totally unpacked when the movers arrived. If I hadn't gotten to my Mom's house right before she was do to leave her home of 47 years, she'd still be sitting on the sofa staring at the three to do lists she couldn't collate into a plan. And when our friend the Army chaplain gets her next orders this summer, I bet Bill and I will need to spend some hand holding time with her -- she really likes the house she's in.

So, know this. Moving dither is a normal brain state and you will recover. Lean on a friend now knowing that you will be that friend in need at your next post when someone's brain decompensates and the movers are headed to the driveway.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    ... double post
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I don't want to eat much. It it a low point today where i was pacing the living room for 5 hours trying to get our dog savely to Hawaii.

I had a friend with a dog who moved to Hawaii - such a pain in the a**, but doggie was fine - everything worked out and it will with you too. Plus hey - you get to be in Hawaii! Give yourself like 30 minutes a day to stress - but that's it. Then go for a run around the block or something with doggie. It will all work out in the end - it always does.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I cannot even imagine how you feel right now. And I have no advice, I'm afraid. Just wanted to let you know I'm sending you a cyber hug and hope you feel better with all of the awesome ideas that others will come up with! :flowerforyou: