One day at a time in JANUARY

Options

Replies

• HappilyRubina
    HappilyRubina Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My Day 5 has been good. Healthy food choices and under control. Walked for 45 minutes. Yay!
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    well done, my day five has been so so , so far mostly cause I made these pogaca ( delicious and about 260 cal each) and ended having a couple fresh of the oven. I have a workout scheduled for later to burn em up :( , will keep posting.
  • ohmgetsfit
    ohmgetsfit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'd love to jump in too! MFP saved my life, I was able to drop 60lbs! But over the last 6mo I have fallen off the bandwagon and gained 20 :( Yesterday my BF and I committed to get back on again and kick this! He bought a fitbit and the aria scale (I already have and love my fitbit)...anyways, last night we watched both of the Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead's.. talk about eye opening! My BF lost 60lbs when he did the juicing thing. (I am not a juicer). Anyways, I'm in! Let's rock this!! (Feel free to friend me if we have similar-ish goals, etc I love seeing what other ppl eat etc. it is so motivating and helpful!)
  • ohmgetsfit
    ohmgetsfit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Oh, and yesterday I was able to eat under my 1200 and take some decent steps!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,428 Member
    Options
    Today was a good day food-wise, exercise-wise and step-wise!! Got it all done. Didn't eat all my exercise calories and my limbs are all rubbery from exercising!

Orangeheroma...I love my Fitbit too!!

Chris
  • HappilyRubina
    Options
    Juvenica wrote: »
    well done, my day five has been so so , so far mostly cause I made these pogaca ( delicious and about 260 cal each) and ended having a couple fresh of the oven. I have a workout scheduled for later to burn em up :( , will keep posting.

I hope you burned those calories real good. :)
    Keep at it. :)
  • HappilyRubina
    Options
    Oh, and yesterday I was able to eat under my 1200 and take some decent steps!

Way to go on working towards a healthier you. And having a life partner on the same ride helps soooo much.
    Keep doing it. :)
  • HappilyRubina
    Options
    cpanus wrote: »
    Today was a good day food-wise, exercise-wise and step-wise!! Got it all done. Didn't eat all my exercise calories and my limbs are all rubbery from exercising!

Orangeheroma...I love my Fitbit too!!

Chris

Nice. :)
    Now keep repeating the same thing. :)
  • HappilyRubina
    Options
    My Day 6 has been good. 2hours to go before I sleep and I hope I don't wayward. :pensive: I couldn't get in my walk though. Will try tomorrow morning. :)
  • Juvenica
    Options
    My Day 6 has been good. 2hours to go before I sleep and I hope I don't wayward. :pensive: I couldn't get in my walk though. Will try tomorrow morning. :)

don't worry , u'll do great, but just in case , keep some healthy snacks in the house, baby carrots, ect, just had 3 carrots , only 44 cal giving me 71 mg sodium , which I have a huge deficit at :)
  • HappilyRubina
    Options
    Though I've been staying under, not so proud of choices. Had a small party at work today and ate some fried dumplings. Need to make healthier choices. Really do.
    Day 7 going okay.
    So tomorrow onwards, I resolve to eat 100% healthy till the end of the month. Just 24 days to go. It may sound extreme, but I'm very black and white like that, so gotta do it!!
  • Juvenica
    Options
    Day 7 is ok so far. I completely support cooking your own food, I have grown to like it better. Still have 1 kg to lose for my before new years shape and I hate the pouch, I have finally started ridding my house off most of the junk food, so I see light at the end of the tunnel! looking forward to losing that 10 kg before summer is here!
  • mignone99
    Options
    I'd like to join
  • smithlou
    smithlou Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I didn't get to start yesterday, but im ready for one day at a time..... Lets do this!
  • HappilyRubina
    Options
    Juvenica wrote: »
    Day 7 is ok so far. I completely support cooking your own food, I have grown to like it better. Still have 1 kg to lose for my before new years shape and I hate the pouch, I have finally started ridding my house off most of the junk food, so I see light at the end of the tunnel! looking forward to losing that 10 kg before summer is here!

Every little change brings us closer and forming a healthy environment around is a huge boost. Keep at it. You'll hit those 10 kgs. :)
  • HappilyRubina
    Options
    Day 8 has been going good. Got a full body massage done today. For the first time ever.
    For too long I've been wanting to restart the 30 Day shred. Need to find that extra motivation to just start it. :)
  • stayl12
    stayl12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this motivation and support blog or group. I have been trying for a very long time to lose 30+ lbs. and just can't seem to keep it off. So, here I am, once again, trying to lose and blogging in a group is one thing I haven't tried.

I'm 55, active, and am excited about losing this weight. I have joined the biggest loser at work in hopes that this will keep me motivated in addition to talking with ya'll!!

Have a great Thursday

• fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    For too long I've been wanting to restart the 30 Day shred. Need to find that extra motivation to just start it. :)

Just popping in to say: Don't let yourself think about it too much. Just do it! (I restarted on the 6th and simply told myself it was less than 30 minutes and therefore had to be easy enough to add in.) My quads are killing me on day 3, but the sense of accomplishment is vast! ;) Once I got going, it inspired me to keep going and reminded me how much I like it (even if it's sometimes rough, lol).

• HappilyRubina
    Options
    fitphoenix wrote: »

Just popping in to say: Don't let yourself think about it too much. Just do it! (I restarted on the 6th and simply told myself it was less than 30 minutes and therefore had to be easy enough to add in.) My quads are killing me on day 3, but the sense of accomplishment is vast! ;) Once I got going, it inspired me to keep going and reminded me how much I like it (even if it's sometimes rough, lol).

You're right. I just need to do it.
  • trio333
    trio333 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    fitphoenix wrote: »

You're right. I just need to do it.