My goals! Help!

Options
So today i decided i want to get fit and healthy again. This is the most i have weighed but it feels like alot to me. I dont have access to a gym so please give me on exercises i can do to tone my body (thighs, arms and tummy) at home. And also eating plans!! I have a blender for juices and smoothies! I want to lose about 5-6kg but really really need the motivation!! I have caffine and fizzy drinks 2-3 times a day and love my takeaways lol please help!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You can still eat all that, just eat less so you're in a calorie deficit.

As for exercise, find something you enjoy and will stick to, but look up strength training and bodyweight exercises.
  • jo7777777
    jo7777777 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Do squats and body weight exercises at home. You seem to be having too many carbs. Cut down on carbs and increase protein intake. The key is to have a calorie deficit.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Nerdfitness body weight exercises http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

Most importantly eat to a calorie defecit

Remember you can't spot reduce

And look at your attitude to this, you need to commit to doing it for you - create your own eating plans around weighing your food and logging it - nobody else can make you do this, this is your journey and you need to educate yourself
  • Mhulkhogan
    Mhulkhogan Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Mhulkhogan
    Mhulkhogan Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    jo7777777 wrote: »
    Do squats and body weight exercises at home. You seem to be having too many carbs. Cut down on carbs and increase protein intake. The key is to have a calorie deficit.

Its the protein thats hard for me. I dont eat eggs...
  • harryt678
    harryt678 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am glad to hear that you have made the determination to start on the journey of a healthy lifestyle. I would like to add that ideally the gym offers many equipments that would be beneficial but in the scenario of it not being available, you can go walking, jogging and build the endurance to sprint and run. I have also found that any aerobic exercise has worked for me in the past. It is really nice to have a blender to mix smoothies, I would say to sweeten it, maybe use a natural sugar like stevia or agave. I have cut back to almost no soda, the amount of artificial sugars and ingredients in those are just no good as you probably know. In the smoothies you can also add healthy ingredients like flax or chia seeds and also a protein powder (either soy or whey) based to fuel your body and to not be hungry during the day. Hope this has helped some.
  • codeman75
    Options
    Try seltzer water instead of sodas. You can add a splash of cran or the liquid drink mixes like crystal light if you need more flavor.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Drink diet sodas...