one year on mfp! 40+ lbs down

Options
So today is my one-year-aversary! On December 4th 2013 I had a baby girl, and I cannot express how excited I was to get losing weight. I found out I was pregnant at 5 months pregnant, weighing 210lbs at 5'7"-5'8"ish. By the end of the pregnancy I was like 245 or so! After the birth of my daughter I was 223 (sooo much water weight). I immediately gained 3 lbs within the first couple weeks of her life. I was really sick of it and kinda grossed out at what I was looking like. So after 3 weeks I decided to start logging and trying a small deficit. Well, okay, I started out trying to just eat 1500 cals, until mfp opened my eyes to how many calories my body actually needs to survive.

I have always been bigger. By the end of high school I weighed probably about 250 lbs. By the end of my first year of university (due to over eating with my then-boyfriend and too many donairs) I was around 260 lbs. In my second year of school, new boyfriend, new found love for things that got me walking around all the time and forgetting to eat due to classes, I began losing weight. October 2010 - May 2012 I lost about 70-80lbs and was under 190. I moved in with my mom after breaking up with that boyfriend and due to her leukemia diagnosis and ended up weighing 210 or so by the end of the summer. yowza!!

Anywho I'm very proud of the 40+ lbs I've lost on purpose (I don't have a scale yet, I just moved!) - last time I was sort of losing weight without meaning to! My next goal is 175 lbs, but I'd really like to get down to 160 and stay within the 160-165 range. My boyfriend, the wonderful, gorgeous father of my 1 year old, and I are going to be doing a paleo/primal challenge along with a Fitness Blender workout package in January, so I'm hoping to get a huge boost from that! Wish us luck!

January 2014 through April 2014, -19 lbs c15ef961-12b5-494c-8920-5d7d3fcaa0f0_zpsc8cdea59.jpg

May 2014 through November 2nd 2014, -14 lbs
collagemay-november_zps749a0c67.jpg

November 3rd 2014 through December 2014, -7+ lbs
deccollage_zpsb6fc80d8.png

Get taking your Progress photos! :) Good luck everyone!

Replies

• MrsElguapo
    MrsElguapo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • debneeds2beskinny
    debneeds2beskinny Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    nice Job -
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself! Well done. You look great!
  • sccjammin
    sccjammin Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great job! Looking good!!
  • AudraSky
    AudraSky Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Congratulations!
  • tayortoeknee
    tayortoeknee Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!
  • cindys921
    cindys921 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Great Job! You look great!
  • loosinit42806
    loosinit42806 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    So today is my one-year-aversary! On December 4th 2013 I had a baby girl, and I cannot express how excited I was to get losing weight. I found out I was pregnant at 5 months pregnant, weighing 210lbs at 5'7"-5'8"ish. By the end of the pregnancy I was like 245 or so! After the birth of my daughter I was 223 (sooo much water weight). I immediately gained 3 lbs within the first couple weeks of her life. I was really sick of it and kinda grossed out at what I was looking like. So after 3 weeks I decided to start logging and trying a small deficit. Well, okay, I started out trying to just eat 1500 cals, until mfp opened my eyes to how many calories my body actually needs to survive.

I have always been bigger. By the end of high school I weighed probably about 250 lbs. By the end of my first year of university (due to over eating with my then-boyfriend and too many donairs) I was around 260 lbs. In my second year of school, new boyfriend, new found love for things that got me walking around all the time and forgetting to eat due to classes, I began losing weight. October 2010 - May 2012 I lost about 70-80lbs and was under 190. I moved in with my mom after breaking up with that boyfriend and due to her leukemia diagnosis and ended up weighing 210 or so by the end of the summer. yowza!!

Anywho I'm very proud of the 40+ lbs I've lost on purpose (I don't have a scale yet, I just moved!) - last time I was sort of losing weight without meaning to! My next goal is 175 lbs, but I'd really like to get down to 160 and stay within the 160-165 range. My boyfriend, the wonderful, gorgeous father of my 1 year old, and I are going to be doing a paleo/primal challenge along with a Fitness Blender workout package in January, so I'm hoping to get a huge boost from that! Wish us luck!

January 2014 through April 2014, -19 lbs c15ef961-12b5-494c-8920-5d7d3fcaa0f0_zpsc8cdea59.jpg

May 2014 through November 2nd 2014, -14 lbs
    collagemay-november_zps749a0c67.jpg

November 3rd 2014 through December 2014, -7+ lbs
    deccollage_zpsb6fc80d8.png

Get taking your Progress photos! :) Good luck everyone!

you look amazing!
    !!
  • FluffyNoMore26
    FluffyNoMore26 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! Keep up the amazing work!!!
  • Angurla
    Angurla Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fabulous!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! Fantastic work - I know you'll continue to be successful in the new year as well :)
  • Natasha_Fit_Fab
    Natasha_Fit_Fab Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation
  • casperwayne
    Options
    Wow you look good ! Great job continue to mive in the right direction!
  • casperwayne
    Options
    Wow you look good ! Great job continue to move in the right direction!

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Good work! You look great! I love how you were so good about taking progress photos. Best of luck to you in the new year :)
  • LindaLee2015
    Options
    Great job! The photos really show the difference! Congratulations!!!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You fabulous! And such an inspiration. (*) (*) (*)
  • tayortoeknee
    tayortoeknee Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am still surprised when I look in the mirror, haha.
  • choz44mfp
    choz44mfp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    That s dedication! Wow, brilliantly well done :-) good luck on the next steps
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!