Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Okay? What do you need help with?
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't spot reduce nor can you dictate where you lose it from. It will come off, just keep working at it. I'm 10lbs away from goal and it's just now starting to come off my lower abdomen.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Eat at a caloric deficit and you'll lose. You don't get to chose where it comes from, but that will definitely help.
  • mrshindall
    mrshindall Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have lost 45 pounds over the last 9 months being on a strict 1200 calorie diet with one cheat meal every 5 days (trust me, it's not bad when u use you imagination on recipes) ... my starting weight 168 and I am currently 123 (well after the holidays the scale is now reading 126) it took a very long time to see results around my belly, hips etc... I read an article that a womans body gains weight around the lower abdomen and breasts first because it's our body's way of protecting the areas that are involved in bearing children and you lose weight LAST there for the same reason... I find this both very fascinating and frustrating. If u think about it tho it is pretty remarkable. The best advice I can give is to do weight training since muscle burns fat and to also not give up. It took me a long time to get back into my size 6 American Eagle jeans that I love so much... but once u get there.. there is no better feeling! Also make sure you measure yourself weekly, I kept track of my waist, hips and thighs and even tho it takes a long time to "see" results, u will know you are making progress by the inches u lose. There is no special pill or wrap that burns belly fat! So please don't waste your money on that jazz, instead spend it on a set of dumbbells =) Good luck
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    .... I'm sorry, I don't understand the question? Could you rephrase?
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    .... I'm sorry, I don't understand the question? Could you rephrase?
    Lol, the OP does not believe in punctuation.

I am trying to lose belly fat only. I love everything but that. Help. :wink:

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm the same OP. I've got around 11lbs to go. I'm hoping its all going to come off my belly!!