Butt depressions, will exercise cure this or do you need plastic surgery to correct it?

Options
I have been doing body pump the last 120 days and with all the squats I was hoping it was going to correct the problem. It is definitely less visible, but still there. I have a dent or depression right in the panty line area on my left butt cheek. Is it a muscular issue or a fat distribution issue? I ordered Brailian butt lift and still have hope to correct it with exercise, plastic surgery is last resort. I don't want a quick fix, I just want it gone.

Replies

• esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Is it from your panties? I would ask your doctor. Impossible for people on the internet to even take a guess at what it could be. Even with pictures. It may just be a "unique" feature....and you can either learn to love it and accept it...or spend tons of money fixing something only you and your significant other will ever see. *shrug*

Best of luck.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I haven't the slightest clue what butt depressions are, OP.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Is it muscle/definition? I have them when I flex my glutes.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about cellulite? You can't get rid of it. All you can do is work on building muscle and losing fat to minimize it.
  • Sthere
    Sthere Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It a definitely dent or depression on the on side right where the panty line sits, not cellulite. I don't know how much more I should lose, currently 126 and 5'4.75"
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    Looks like it's an issue with fat distribution... reduce body fat, it should go away.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    Looks like it's an issue with fat distribution... reduce body fat, it should go away.

seconded.
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I honestly have no idea what I'm looking at or what I'm supposed to be looking for.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy and often -- as you build muscle it will help eliminate the fat issue and create new definition for you -- it's definitely not a weight issue if your figures are correct.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Lift weights and you'll be fine. :-) look up before and after pictures of people that started heavy lifting, you'll see big changes in those bodies!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    It's a fat distribution thing. You said you're 5'4" and 126? Have you been lifting? You can even that out if you lift heavy, probably. When I was 163 my bum looked more like that, not anymore after squats and dead lifts.
  • Sthere
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Thanks for the input, how many pounds to see a noticeable difference? I was losing weight and it was a struggle once I got to 126, I did weight watchers and felt starved each night, I went to sleep and ignored it. I tried shakeology the fullness I got from that was short lived, I went down to 124.5 and the went right back up to 126
  • Sthere
    Options
    What is heavy ? Currently doing body pump which is not heavy. I have been hearing that dead lifts with body pump is a waste of time because it's not heavy enough to do anything, is that true? I was lifting 32 lbs. (15 each side) I was thinking of adding 5 lbs. to each side, because I feel stronger. Please let me know your recommendation. Thank you.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    heavy isnt' a weight- i'ts a rep range
    - 0 is to heavy
    - 1-5 is heavy
    - 5-10 is heavy- typically with diet focuses on hypertrophy
    - 10-15 focuses more on muscle endurance
    - 15+ you've moved into full on muscle endurance and an aerobics class.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    Sthere wrote: »
    Thanks for the input, how many pounds to see a noticeable difference? I was losing weight and it was a struggle once I got to 126, I did weight watchers and felt starved each night, I went to sleep and ignored it. I tried shakeology the fullness I got from that was short lived, I went down to 124.5 and the went right back up to 126
    Impossible to say as it will be largely determined by where your body is more apt to lose fat... but I'd *guess* a minimum of 10lbs.

But go back and re-read my post. I didn't say to lose weight... I said to lose fat. Think about body composition, not just scale weight.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    It's body fat. You look to be about 27% plus or minus. Try lowering your body fat percentage more.
    Also, Bodypump is more of an muscular endurance training. You'd be much better off doing some traditional training and doing 3-5 sets of compound lifts in the 6-10 rep range with as much weight as you can handle with good form.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Sthere
    Options
    u58fujb8ea7t.jpg
    ava0qaproub3.jpg

My scale reads 22.3% I guess that's way off. I don't feel my bf 27%, my problem area is only my butt and thighs. Curse those German genes!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Not to be completely nosy- Do you have some sort of spinal or muscular condition? You look very unbalanced honestly.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    Sthere wrote: »
    u58fujb8ea7t.jpg
    ava0qaproub3.jpg

My scale reads 22.3% I guess that's way off. I don't feel my bf 27%, my problem area is only my butt and thighs. Curse those German genes!
    Scales don't read BF accurately. The amount of water in your cells can change the reading dramatically.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Sthere
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Not to be completely nosy- Do you have some sort of spinal or muscular condition? You look very unbalanced honestly.

Not that I know of, but I was starting to think that. I am very left side dominant. Now I'm getting paranoid there is something wrong with me.