What 2014 Resolutions/Accomplishments did you have ?

Options
It's almost the New Year, I was wondering what people's goals were and accomplishments. Please share !
Mine:
-Joined MFP and logged 100+ days
-Lost 36 pounds
-Wearing my old, loose-fitting clothes
-Joined a gym
-Took yoga classses
-Rode my bicycle again
-Started ice skating/ice hockey after years off !

Replies

• JanerichoC18
    JanerichoC18 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Mine were:
    -Run a Tough Mudder (Complete)
    -Lose 85 pounds (45 lost had 6 months of giving up before I got back on it and dropped another 20... didn't hit the goal but I lost a lot of weight and am on the right path)
    -Join a Gym (Check!)
    -Run a 5k with a cause I believe in (Complete!)

The rest has nothing to do with fitness or weight loss but I hit all but the weight goal, I went hard from January - March for some unknown reason quit until late July when I got back on it where I have been working hard since the beginning of August. If I hadn't quit I probably would have hit my goal but that's ok, it just means I need to work harder in 2015!!

Awesome work on your accomplishments! especially with skating, that is very difficult if you are overweight, and very satisfying when you get to get back on there especially playing hockey! Congrats on your progress this past year!!
  • jim_just_jim
    jim_just_jim Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Mine were:
    -Run a Tough Mudder (Complete)
    -Lose 85 pounds (45 lost had 6 months of giving up before I got back on it and dropped another 20... didn't hit the goal but I lost a lot of weight and am on the right path)
    -Join a Gym (Check!)
    -Run a 5k with a cause I believe in (Complete!)

The rest has nothing to do with fitness or weight loss but I hit all but the weight goal, I went hard from January - March for some unknown reason quit until late July when I got back on it where I have been working hard since the beginning of August. If I hadn't quit I probably would have hit my goal but that's ok, it just means I need to work harder in 2015!!

Awesome work on your accomplishments! especially with skating, that is very difficult if you are overweight, and very satisfying when you get to get back on there especially playing hockey! Congrats on your progress this past year!!

Congrats to you as well ! Awesomeness !
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Nothing was a resolution, so I'll view it as accomplishments. I'm leaving the year in a completely different condition than how I began it.

In 2014 I lost the weight (41 lbs) I accumulated over 18 years. I'm at a weight that I haven't seen since the early/mid-1980's (5 pant sizes) and my cardio condition is better than it's ever been.

The most surprising, yet critical "happy accident" that occurred was stumbling on MFP. I knew nothing of this site prior to end of August.

The amount of information I've learned here, along with the support and inspiration of my group of friends has been the most important part of my journey. I never heard of - or considered - logging food intake and matching it to output. Gaining insights to the amount of work required for deep calorie burns put and helped to keep me on-track to do what is necessary to shed the pounds.

You've all shown me how it's done.
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    I worked out with a trainer 4 times a week and didn't miss unless she or I were sick. I lost 58 pounds and over 20 inches. I made it to my half way mark of weight loss in the time I gave myself. I did a 5k. All of the clothing in my closet that I couldn't wear is now too big. I can run.....I am the speed of a turtle going through wet cement, but I can run.
    At the beginning of the year, I truly wondered how long I would last. Now, I can't wait to see the results of my next set of goals.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I'm really not a big "resolutions" person whatsoever but my goals for 2014 were to feel more comfortable with some of my newer job duties (check), take better care of my skin (check), and to get & stay under 199 lb (lost 30 more than that, so I'm good).
  • jim_just_jim
    Options
    Call them resolutions, goals, or whatever - great successes to everyone !
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I made a commitment to lose weight. I told myself that I had to give it a solid year of good effort, no excuses, and see what I could do to become healthier. I lost 60 pounds! I was able to keep up with my husband for our hunting trip in October. I work out 6 days a week and I LOVE it! And I'm eating healthy for the first time ever.
  • jim_just_jim
    Options
    Slashnl wrote: »
    I made a commitment to lose weight. I told myself that I had to give it a solid year of good effort, no excuses, and see what I could do to become healthier. I lost 60 pounds! I was able to keep up with my husband for our hunting trip in October. I work out 6 days a week and I LOVE it! And I'm eating healthy for the first time ever.

This is awesome ! Congrats !!!
  • lilianhill
    lilianhill Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 pounds between January and May and have maintained the loss since then. My BP and cholesterol both came down to good levels and my doctor was really pleased. MFP was essential to the process. I'm now working on incorporating more regular exercise into my life. I'm having fun buying clothes that fit or altering pieces I like but are now too baggy and look sloppy.
  • jim_just_jim
    Options
    lilianhill wrote: »
    I lost 20 pounds between January and May and have maintained the loss since then. My BP and cholesterol both came down to good levels and my doctor was really pleased. MFP was essential to the process. I'm now working on incorporating more regular exercise into my life. I'm having fun buying clothes that fit or altering pieces I like but are now too baggy and look sloppy.

Awesome ! I've found MFP to be essential to me as well :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!