Starting again... this time im on a misson!

Options
Just thought id drop a post to really say a big HELLO to everyone! :blush: This is my first time on the community boards and thought id just see if there are any friendly people that can help motivate me on my own misson!

Ive always struggled with my weight and although there is nothing wrong with being a voluptuous vixen im getting married in 2016 and have already started having nightmares about the dreaded dress! :s

What and how are you guys going about your own weight loss missons and do you have any hints, tips or advice to give?

Im also looking for friends to be inspired by so please feel free to add me :D

Replies

• Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    depending on how much you weigh is depending on how much you should set your weekly weight loss goal.

eat clean and healthy foods, keep the junk food out of the house. Count calories including all your cheats, even the small cheats add up quickly. Exercise. Don't be afraid to eat back some of your exercise calories, it helps your body recuperate easier. Stay away from pills claiming to help you lose weight. It's temporary and most don't learn from the experience.

watch your sodium intake as that can cause instant water weight gain.
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    First, thankyou for calling this a mission, instead of a "lifestyle change." Mission, project, campaign...anything but the "L" word. (Just a peeve of mine.)

Yours is not the first post I've read from women losing for their wedding and I've seen some of them in dispair over not having met an overly aggressive goal. One I remember had already bought a dress anticipating her hoped for size and it was going to be too small.

I advise setting a moderate sustainable rate of loss rather than a certain goal weight. Whatever you will have lost by the time you have to order your dress will be wonderful, and you may just need a seamstress to take it in a little bit later on.

After fits and starts of losing and gaining and losing again, I have found that I can only stick to a plan that is close to the way I already live. In other words, I eat everything that has always been normal for me, but I adjust the portions to fit in my calorie budget. Same goes for exercise, I do the things I like.