Friends with open food diaries, want to copy success!

Options
debbash68
debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
Hi there I am fairly new to committing to losing weight, I am on the 1200 limit. I would like some ideas and to be honest copy someone's eating who has had great success. I seem to be over on sugar and protein. Is anyone willing to share their success tips? Help!

Replies

• LisaMarie8713
    LisaMarie8713 Posts: 310
    Options
    I'd say you could copy mine, but I routinely eat more like 1600-1800 calories...
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I would recommend taking a look at getting ideas..not totally copying. What works for someone else might not work for you.

I eat a pretty clean diet. You can check mine out. Don't worry about the red numbers. I don't count calories, only macros. Use ideas from my meals..not my numbers since I am a body builder.
  • emgx93
    emgx93 Posts: 2
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm on a similar goal (calorie intake varies when I exercise). 1200 might not seem like a lot but if you eat the right foods it shouldn't be as hard as you think. I've been doing it for a week and I'm feeling confident in continuing.
  • boarderstu
    boarderstu Posts: 31
    Options
    I would recommend taking a look at getting ideas..not totally copying. What works for someone else might not work for you.

Well said, take some cook books as inspiration.. as Jules said - don't copy, as if you looked at mine some days you'd see things close to 5-6000kcal but that's because I'm in training for an Ironman Triathlon.

Just don't under-eat if you're working out - that's one of the worst things to do!
  • boarderstu
    Options
    Also, find what what works for YOU - then make it part of YOUR routine, it's more likely to become permanent if it's personal, and your hard work went into it...

Just don't become obsessed..
  • Allyice
    Allyice Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have an open diary :)
  • pearlmorning
    pearlmorning Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome! I look forward to seeing the answers you get, I am also on 1200 and just don't seem to be able to juggle yet. Sugar especially is my nemesis and that's almost all fresh veggies and fruit. Sometimes I save up for a greek yogurt. I really need more calories. I am loosing weight at a nice pace though and if you're interested in my open diary and friendship you're welcome to be my friend.
  • boarderstu
    Options
    Fruit and Veg may contain sugar... but they're considered "quality carriers" because of the vitamins and nutrients they bring - also, it's not refined sugar :)
  • boarderstu
    Options
    But on another note - PearlMorning - Keep it up :D
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Thank you for replies and advice, can't help but be a little obsessed as feel so determined to do this!
  • pearlmorning
    Options
    Thank you!
  • pearlmorning
    Options
    Hang in there, with your enthusiasm I know you can do it!
  • blakerb29
    blakerb29 Posts: 74
    Options
    I have an open diary, I don't always do things right by the book although I am now but I am losing very fast and don't have as much as many people to lose so must be doing something right.

Good luck in reaching your goals!

-Blake
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, I have had success eating what I wanted as long as I stayed under my calorie goals. I am now in maintenance. I have to warn you I'm not the healthiest eater but feel free to look
  • boarderstu
    Options
    Things do take time.. so don't stress too much if you don't see an immediate effect!

Something I found is to stop worrying about weight (per se), forget BMI, and focus on how you feel/look and Body Fat Index.

The weight will come off, but if you work out or such, you will gain muscle, and as it weighs more than fat, it could mis-lead to think you're not losing as much weight

Try looking at body %, it gives a little more to target - drop 1% here, 1% there, and should show better progress than weight itself

I'm certainly not saying this is how YOU should do it, just an opinion..

I wrote a little article on it a while back, after a training session

(Shameless plug)
    http://www.sklinar.co.uk/2013/05/04/stop-worrying-about-bmi-start-focusing-on-figure-and-goals/

Feedback (Good or bad appreciated)
  • WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options
    You can add me if you want to. But I eat from 1500 - 2000 (Sometimes 2100) calories at day. I have lost almost 55 lbs since January of this year.

Where is the sugar coming from when you go over. It's different if it is coming from fruit vs added sugar.
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Take a look at mine... copy if you like:wink::wink:
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    The MFP recommendation for sugars is based on the dietary recommendation for added sugars. Unless you need to watch sugar specifically for some reason (like diabetes, insulin resistance), I wouldn't worry.

The protein recommendation is 15%. Unless you have a medical reason to keep it low (like kidney problems), it's not really an issue. Many people eat quite a lot more protein than that.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    The MFP recommendation for sugars is based on the dietary recommendation for added sugars. Unless you need to watch sugar specifically for some reason (like diabetes, insulin resistance), I wouldn't worry.

The protein recommendation is 15%. Unless you have a medical reason to keep it low (like kidney problems), it's not really an issue. Many people eat quite a lot more protein than that.

Exactly what I was going to say.

Feel free to add me if you want to stalk my diary lol. I eat more than 1200 and my weekends are usually filled with splurges and sometimes I might not track it all but I'm usually good during the week. with getting everything tracked.
  • beachmove
    beachmove Posts: 1
    Options
    My doctor recommended MFP and I join yesterday. I know from my food diary that it's not what I eat as much as my portions. I too would like to know where I can go on MFP to find and share recipes? I can suggest one thing for you, grilling is so easy in the summer so I marinate and grill about 8 boneless chicken breast at once. Then I have them ready to grab for salads all during the week when I in a hurry. I know that's boring but great snack for protein pick me up. :flowerforyou: