Does red meat make anyone else sluggish?

Options
Hello,
I find that when me and my fiance have red meat before a work out it makes us sluggish and lathargic.
We used to have beef stroganoff quite often and on the days we did we were not performing at our best and found ourselves getting queesy. so we changed to a healthier version of beef enchiladas, they are delicious but the same thing seems to be happening, is it just a case of it needing longer to digest or is there something in the beef causing our problem?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Red meat doesn't make me sluggish, I don't eat just before workouts or indeed work.
  • Paix_Amour
    Paix_Amour Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It did for me, and I found out I have a sensitivity to beef (and 5 other things). It makes me vomit, tired, achy, and gives me headaches. I just don't eat it at all. If it doesn't do that to you the rest of the time, you might just give yourself longer between a meal and workout, or just wait until you're done exercising to eat.
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Why are you having such a heavy meal before a workout? That could be the issue. Do you feel sluggish any other time you have red meat?
  • deadpoolbarron
    deadpoolbarron Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Whenever we have chicken 2 hours before a workout we are fine but it is a no go for beef. i think that it would be a good idea to save it until after exercise, thank you :)