I Made it through a party yesterday...

Options
page68
page68 Posts: 220 Member
...by holding myself accountable.

I hosted a party yesterday that called for snacks only, i.e. not lunch or dinner. I had all kinds of chips and dips, deviled eggs, cheese and crackers and cupcakes.

I managed to maintain my eating cool and after everyone left, rushed to enter my food into MFP. It really helped. I also threw the remaining snacks out. Lucky for me, today is trash pickup so the stuff is really gone. (I hated throwing it away as it cost $$ but I knew if it stayed in the house, I would find a reason to eat it.)

I really believe that accountability is key for me.

Replies

• Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Wow - that is awesome! Good for you!
  • lilay
    lilay Posts: 122
    Options
    Way to go!! I hope I can do so well when we have my daughter's birthday party next month :)
  • OpalFruitJam
    OpalFruitJam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    That's great!
    I tend to blow it when I around other people- I feel anti social if I turn down thier food or what have you, so I shall be taking a leaf out of your book from now and and planning ahead with healthy and tasty alternatives!
  • tara3103
    tara3103 Posts: 107
    Options
    Way to go!! I had to do the same yesterday for a graduation party! All the food looked so good, but I did great with my choices and portion size. I too ran home to enter my food into mfp and realized I didn't do too bad. Keep up the great work!
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Great job! We grilled with friends on Friday night and my steak was HUGE AND DELICIOUS.
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Great job! We grilled with friends on Friday night and my steak was HUGE AND DELICIOUS. While I was staring at it my buddy said he was going to order pizza because he didn't have anything to grill. I cut him off 2/3's of my steak. I felt great 'cause he told me how good my marinade was!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!