Looking for friends + support!

Options
libertydh
libertydh Posts: 10
edited December 2014 in Introduce Yourself
Hello... I am looking for positive people who are looking for mutual support on their weight loss journey! I love people that have a happy and positive outlook on life... & know that when I am in this frame of mind anything is possible! I found myself a bit down lately and gaining weight has not helped. I would like to work towards a happy and healthier me... & would love any friendship, support and feedback that could be given! I, of course would do the same.

A little background... I am 40 & currently weigh 192. I think I feel my best when I weigh around 150, but it has been awhile since I have been there... So I will just have to see what feels right as I go along.

I am recovering from my second back surgery in 1.5 years. Unfortunately I cant exercise for the next 3 - 4 months, but I am hoping to find people that are in (or have been in) similar situations to inspire and support. I have put on 25+ lbs since my accident and have been feeling a bit down. I am ready to make a change and know that I can begin to feel better by eating better and being positive!

Replies

• tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    libertydh wrote: »
    Hello... I am looking for positive people who are looking for mutual support on their weight loss journey! I love people that have a happy and positive outlook on life... & know that when I am in this frame of mind anything is possible! I found myself a bit down lately and gaining weight has not helped. I would like to work towards a happy and healthier me... & would love any friendship, support and feedback that could be given! I, of course would do the same.

A little background... I am 40 & currently weigh 192. I think I feel my best when I weigh around 150, but it has been awhile since I have been there... So I will just have to see what feels right as I go along.

I am recovering from my second back surgery in 1.5 years. Unfortunately I cant exercise for the next 3 - 4 months, but I am hoping to find people that are in (or have been in) similar situations to inspire and support. I have put on 25+ lbs since my accident and have been feeling a bit down. I am ready to make a change and know that I can begin to feel better by eating better and being positive!

• PacificLotus
    PacificLotus Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've had back issues in the past - fortunately no longer. Broke my collarbone badly about 10 months ago and am just now getting back to the gym - although not as serious as back surgery, I know the depression associated with inactivity and it's pretty common after any surgery. Feel free to add me!
  • tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You can acheive your goal ! Start with your mind .knowing in your heart your setback is only temporary!! We have all been there ??start with diet now set goal in time to hit the gym. Start slow and in time you goals will be met!! We all are with you....
  • jazzunicorn
    jazzunicorn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can accomplish anything if you stick with it. You seem like me but I haven't had surgery before tho. Hope we can be friends and modivate each other!! :blush: