I need answers help!

Options
2»

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    pamelakay9 wrote: »
    How many calories would you suggest like I said have no idea what I'm doing just read some stuff stop eating like crap and got my *kitten* to the gym.

Which of these activity levels would you say you fall under?

1.2 = Sedentary (Desk job, & Little Formal Exercise)
    1.3-1.4 = Lightly Active (Light daily activity & light exercise 1-3 days a week)
    1.5-1.6 = Moderately Active (Moderately daily Activity & Moderate exercise 3-5 days a week)
    1.7-1.8 = Very Active (Physically demanding lifestyle & Hard exercise 6-7 days a week)
    1.9-2.2 = Extremely Active (Athlete in ENDURANCE training or VERY HARD physical job)
  • foxlme
    foxlme Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If your trainer looked at you like you were stupid, see about getting a new trainer! They should be helping you educate yourself, not making you feel dumb for asking basic questions. Be honest with MFP about your height, weight and activity levels and it'll give you a pretty decent starting point for calorie/fat/carb goals. Don't worry about custom tweaking it until you've got a better understanding of all the nutritional mumbo-jumbo. Good luck!!
  • pamelakay9
    Options
    I would say morderatly active that's what I have set in my profile as well.
  • AJ_G
    Options
    I would say morderatly active that's what I have set in my profile as well.

Ok, well I'll use 1.4 just to be on the conservative side. That brings your TDEE to 2373. This is theoretically what you would need to consume to maintain your weight. Since you are trying to lose weight, we'll subtract 20% from that. I'll round up since you're so close and say 1900 calories a day. I'd set your calorie goal to 1900 calories a day. Disclaimer: This already includes your exercise so do not enter your exercise into your food diary or you will end up eating too much. I'd suggest you eat 1900 calories a day for 2-3 weeks and watch your weight on a scale to see if this intake has you losing weight. Bear in mind it is just an estimate. If you gain weight after 3 weeks, decrease your calorie intake by a good amount. If your weight stays the same, decrease your calorie intake slightly and repeat.
  • pamelakay9
    Options
    THANK YOU!! I'll do this I appreciate you helping me out.
  • AJ_G
    Options
    THANK YOU!! I'll do this I appreciate you helping me out.

K03lEGq.gif