do you take fiber supplement?

13»

Replies

• Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    apples

Exactly this although for the enzymes needed would think fresh apples, available more or less everywhere!

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Enough water will definitely impact regularity. About 2 weeks ago I began a concerted effort to drink 8 glasses of water in addition to my regular liquids like coffee or juice and I have noticed a definite improvement in my "poo". ;)

Fiber supplements are useful for the short run, but increasing fruits, veggies and whole grains are better for getting enough fiber.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    keziak1 wrote: »
    I'm in a strange situation since cutting out all the junk (tons) I was eating and switching to a low-calorie "good food" diet. I've actually developed constipation over this period. I'm eating fruit and vegetables just less food overall. It's possible that I"m not getting enough whole grain starches as I 've been cutting back on that kind of carbs.

I've never been clear about using products like Metamucil, are they for only short-term use or as a regular diet supplement?
    Someone might have already mentioned this but some people get constipated from a sharp increase in fiber when dieting or eating healthier. If that's your issue, fiber supplements will make it worse at first. Are you logging here? If your fiber intake is already high, I'd give it some time for your body to get used to the new higher level and try some of the other ideas before adding a fiber supplement. A sharp increase in fiber can also make you gassy at first.

I think I'll pick up some magnesium. I like the Fiberwell gummies, too. Costco sells them.