Night time eating

Options
Hey guys, I am a few weeks in and I have to say I love being healthy. Does anyone have a problem with eating a night? I usually eat around 1200 calories , but when 9 pm hits, I eat around 200 calories and hate myself. Please help!

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    I try to do 700 for breakfast and few after dark for best weight loss personally. Hating one's self actually can cause some people to gain weight indirectly but many of us do it.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You're a 25-year-old man with 17 lbs. to lose. Why are you starving yourself on 1.200 calories?! Of course you're hungry—I'm 5'2" and I eat way more than that.

Set your goal to .5 lb. per week, and be patient: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided
  • lynntfuzz
    lynntfuzz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I agree, 1200 calories is setting yourself up for failure. I've had good luck with 1500 - 1600 calories per day when I was in my 20's. Pace yourself my friend!
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    I completely agree with the above posters, 1200 is way too low. A great tool to check your daily calorific needs is Scoobys Workshop TDEE Calculator, other than that you could manually set your goals on here. Eating only 1200 Calories is setting yourself up for failure.

As for eating at night, I personally have no problem with it as long as it fits your nutrients and doesn't take you over your daily goal. Then again, ask 5 different people and you will get 5 different answers. There is no exact answer, you just need to work out what works best for you!

All the best.
  • jo7777777
    jo7777777 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    1400 calories in a day is not bad! Stop overstressing yourself or putting yourself in a regime which wont work.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    jo7777777 wrote: »
    1400 calories in a day is not bad! Stop overstressing yourself or putting yourself in a regime which wont work.

I'm sorry, but 1,400 calories is very bad for a 25-year-old-man who is only 17 lbs. overweight. Like eating disorder bad.

It has a silly name, but SideSteel's
    "A Guide to Get you Started on Your Path to Sexypants" is full of reliable information on losing weight in a healthy and sustainable way: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

OP, ur doing it wrong. Please read the Sexypants post.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    The problem isn't eating at night, the problem is your self hatred.