Broken foot motivation

Options
Hello,

After displacing 4 metatarsals, shattering the cuboid and having to get surgery twice on my foot. Laying down with my foot raised for two months and being non weight baring has been one of the hardest things I've ever done mentally.

If ever I've had a kick up the bum to get fit, this is it.

Bit of background - I'm a 25 year old female who has a very active job. I coach athletics 2 nights a week and I used to run internationally from the age of 13 to 19. At the end of summer I recently took up crossfit which I loved as I love lifting weights and I'm naturally strong ( I can full squat 100kg without training for months before hand).

I've always been a bigger athlete - size 14, verging on 16 and I would like to look fit and strong and make my way down to a size 12 possibly 10, if I work hard.

What lets me down is chocolate, cheese and fizzy pop. I have 0 willpower and find it hard to so hard to resist. I know it's my weakness but I do nothing about it.

So this is it, as of Jan 1st it's my goal to start walking without my crutches and just my boot.
It's my goal to eat good and feel good.
It's my goal to look good for my Wedding in 2016

Replies

• karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    just had foot surgery Dec12. . . not weight bearing sucks! lam Still using crutches too.
  • Notreadytoquit
    Notreadytoquit Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many calories you burn using crutches? My dog and I broke each other's foot a while back ... very humbling. It really teaches one compassion for the disabled & the challenges they face in keeping a lean weight and just doing ordinary activities throughout the day.

If you readjust your goals to sedentary it might help to give you a better idea of how much you can eat while you try to lose/maintain during your recovery.

Wishes for peace of heart & health for the new year.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry about your injury. I had a foot problem earlier in the fall but only had to stay off it for 2 weeks so I got a small taste of what you are going through. Sounds like this is a really good time to concentrate on eating better and getting a little more control over the cravings.