Feeling faint, eyes glazed, have to sit down for 8+ minutes

Options
2»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I only go backwards when the weight is to light or "lighter" and I am tired and I think I have to pull way harder than I need to- have yet to ACTUALLY go backwards- but I've almost bit it forward more than once.

yes- squat fairy's- I get them after I rerack the bar- and I take a step back- and all the sudden my vision goes all wonky and I get light headed- it's funny- but not.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    oh yeah no, people give me a hard time for it, but I'm super slow coming off the bar once it's racked. I slowly unload my system. I don't like that feeling one bit.

I was gassed, and it shifted back as I came up, next thing I knew I was rolling back to the end of my heels and was like...

86822-not-like-this-gif-perfect-loop-pD6b.gif

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    oh yeah no, people give me a hard time for it, but I'm super slow coming off the bar once it's racked. I slowly unload my system. I don't like that feeling one bit.

I was gassed, and it shifted back as I came up, next thing I knew I was rolling back to the end of my heels and was like...

86822-not-like-this-gif-perfect-loop-pD6b.gif

You win for the great GIF reference.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    healthykae wrote: »
    I work out 2x week with a trainer. And I walk most evenings. 30, 5'7 , no idea about body weight percentage. I work at a tech firm in SF, mostly sitting for work.
    Are you eating enough?

How often do you work out? What do your workouts consist of? Age, height, weight, body fat %? What do you do for a living?

How much do you weigh? What do you actually *do* with the trainer and for how long at a time?

These questions have a purpose.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    not eating enough- eat some solid food- drinking your calories won't help.

Coffee isn't the problem.
    I suspect it's a combination of lack of food and a mental block.

+1
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    You may have low blood pressure. I used to have this problem when I was younger and had very low blood pressure (sometimes as low as 90/50). If I stood up suddenly or exerted myself if I wasn't adequately hydrated or fed, I would feel dizzy, like passing out. Exercises like burpees that involved transitioning from a prone position to standing were especially challenging. I guess the clinical name for it is positional hypotension; it's not dangerous, just bothersome. My PC at the time advised me to eat more salt and stay hydrated. As I got older my blood pressure got higher, closer to a normal 120/60, and I don't have that light headed feeling anymore.You might also be eating too little for your level of activity -- 1320-1480 for someone who is 30 and 5'7" and doing lifting is not a lot of calories. I'm 56 and only 5'1.5" and that's what I eat on a strength day -- on a cardio day, I might eat more than 1500.
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    MJ_Watson wrote: »
    I also get the same feeling when someone is in a lot of pain in the hospital or blood is being drawn. It's a gradual feeling. I start feeling like I'm going to be sick or throw up and I can feel it getting stronger and stronger. With pain, I can just leave the situation and it takes less time to get over it.

This paragraph stood out to me. Have you considered that this may be an anxiety issue? It's really common for people having panic attacks to feel faint or think they're having a heart attack. When it happened to me, I felt like that. It's also common for heavy workouts to trigger them due to the feeling of lack of oxygen and pounding heart. Plus, if you've had them in that situation before, your anxiety may increase because you're worrying it may happen again, creating a situation like you describe where it happens whenever you put yourself in the situation (doing cardio).

Of course, definitely see a doctor and get the blood tests to check anemia, etc. that everyone mentioned, but you may want to consider anxiety, as well.

This spoke to me as well - my young daughter went with me to the mall to discuss having her ears pierced. As the technician described all the possibilities for infection, I slowly felt myself get clammy, nauseous and had to sit down immediately to recover. It has happened many times in my life in a variety of circumstances and is definetely some kind of anxiety reaction.

ETA: I have low blood presssure and was also diagnosed with anemia about 18 months ago and through diet changes and a multi vitamin am no longer classed as such. Still low iron but it improves steadily.