Options
2»

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    ali2407 wrote: »
    i have been losing 2lbs a week consistently since August - up until a couple of weeks ago - and then it all came to a bit of a grinding halt - but i was kinda expecting that as i am now getting closer to my goal weight. The 1600 mark is an example - i can eat as much as 2000 per day at the weekend but i do average around 1600 calories and 1000 exercise.

I am also noticing much more muscle in my arms and legs.

If that's your consistent weight loss and you are as highly active as you say your TDEE will be around 2600 meaning that are netting around 1500-1600 a day on average which seems fine

Although with less to lose you should slow down the rate of loss
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    i have been losing 2lbs a week consistently since August - up until a couple of weeks ago - and then it all came to a bit of a grinding halt - but i was kinda expecting that as i am now getting closer to my goal weight. The 1600 mark is an example - i can eat as much as 2000 per day at the weekend but i do average around 1600 calories and 1000 exercise.

So you're netting about 600 calories per day. At about ten pounds left to lose, a realistic and healthy loss is much closer to 1/2 pound per week than the two you've been losing.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I would strongly recommend dropping some of your cardio and moving to a heavy lifting programme at least 3 x a week to preserve your LBM

Strong Curves, New Rules of Lifting for Women are both good books

And add high density calorie foods to your meals to get your intake up ...avocado, olive oils, nut butters, cheese, ice cream, chocolate :smile:

YAY^^^ +10000
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

If that's your consistent weight loss and you are as highly active as you say your TDEE will be around 2600 meaning that are netting around 1500-1600 a day on average which seems fine

Although with less to lose you should slow down the rate of loss

This.