Looking to meet others in need of support.

Hi all. My name is Cheryl and I am in my 40s. I have slowly been gaining weight since I turned 40 and now, I just feel awful. BP is high, blood sugar creeping up as well. I am not going to upsize my clothes anymore so they all fit terribly. I refuse to go through another year feeling awful about myself so...I am not waiting until New Years, starting now. I would love to meet and befriend anyone who needs mutual support!

Replies

• Hey cheryl, I really don't want to go through another year of looking in the mirror and not liking what I see either..add me if you would like to. I'm 29 and im trying to find my willpower to lose the last 1.5 stone.
  • ibbruce1990
    ibbruce1990 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi Cheryl, I totally understand where you are coming from... since I turned 40 it seems like it is much harder to lose weight. I have been using MFP for a while but have not been as good as I should about tracking my food so I have to get back on track, add me if you like.
  • luciboring
    luciboring Posts: 22 Member
    Hey this is Luci I dont know if I got your message by mistake but I need help..someone like me that needs to lose at least 45 pounds and desperately needs support of friends. May i still add you ?
  • jackibailey
    jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
    You can add me if you want. I've been on mfp since 2011 and I've gained and lost 100 pounds three times. I had gastric bypass in may and have lost 167 pounds since February. I'm looking for supportive friends who won't judge me for the surgery. I still work very hard at weight loss. I walk 3-5 miles nearly every day. I count calories everyday. And I struggle some days. I'm a very good cheerleader. Hope we can be friends.