Fitbit One: Running accuracy?

Options
I have had my fitbit for about 2 weeks now and I have noticed any time i start the activity stopwatch when i go for runs it is way off on the distance traveled. This effects my step count and calories burned accuracy. I wear a GPS watch on my runs and map them out so i know exactly how far i am running but my fitbit is always 1-2 miles short of what i've actually ran. Anybody have any advice on what i can do to get the fitbit to be more accurate? Thanks

Replies

• LoudmouthLee
    LoudmouthLee Posts: 358
    Options
    I have a fitbit one, and I love the freak out of it. I have gotten to the point of editing it to see what's right. Here's the link I followed:

https://help.fitbit.com/customer/portal/articles/176045-how-do-i-measure-and-adjust-my-stride-length-

This will absolutely help you get closer results. My GPS and my fitbit are generally within .15 miles from each other, and I consider an acceptable error percentage.
  • Nalelini
    Nalelini Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fitbit is not accurate on sport activities. It is great for tracking steps but it sucks for pretty much everything else ( stuff like cycling, crosstrainer etc). If you want to track the calories you burn accurately then you should really invest into a heart rate monitor. However, all that being said, it should still be more accurate on running tho. Try moving it from your waist to your ankle. I wear mine on my running sock and it seems to track quite well there.
  • Stumason2105
    Stumason2105 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do have a HRM, but it would just be nice if i didnt have to manually change the activity distance/calories burned to reflect what my GPS Watch/HRM say each time. Thanks for that link, i will try it out