New Year's Eve dinner plans?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
We're not doing anything special but I was thinking of making a nice meal, maybe (not that I typically don't, but you know)...

What are you all having?

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I googled New Years recipes and found out that it's considered good luck to eat a meal with black-eyed peas. If the weather is cool enough to turn on the oven, I plan on making this pie (with some adjustments) for myself.
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm making sushi, chicken wings and homemade pizza for NYE. NY Day is Cornish game hens, potato-parsnip gratin, and sauteed asparagus.
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Not sure yet. Going out to our local restaurant for dinner so my options are limitless! :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Nachos, made with that horrible-looking stadium liquid cheese and leftover meat from burritos last night. Kroger sells it here, and it's basically tradition for NYE and Super Bowl Sunday.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    We're going out for NYE dinner, but New Year's Day I'm making corned beef and cabbage and kransekake for dessert. It's our little tradition to incorporate some "good luck" Irish and Norwegian dishes at New Year's.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'd totally go out but with the kids... it's a pain lol.
  • MaxPower0102
    MaxPower0102 Posts: 2,654 Member
    Options
    If I am not in New York City, my NYE has always been a Surf and Turf dinner at home.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Pierogies and empanadas and other finger foods. I also will have a fruit a nd cheese plate out.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    We have reservations at a French bistro. It's an early dinner at 5:30 (which was all they had left). Hoping to catch the end of happy hour...
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Take away curry with a couple of friends.

I have a little one at home, but I can't be fagged to arrange a babysitter and go out anyway.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    We're not doing anything special but I was thinking of making a nice meal, maybe (not that I typically don't, but you know)...

What are you all having?

Tacos
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    thinking of making bonchon wings.
  • KLaurenW
    KLaurenW Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    baked salmon and asparagus ooorrrrr salmon tacos with avocado slices
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Eating out this year. But usually, I make a seafood feast. Will have that Jan. 2 instead - lobster tails, shrimp, snow crab legs, lots of veggies, sweet potato cornbread.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I'm on my own this year. I've been practicing chinese food recipes, so I think I'll finally conquer making dumplings and treat myself to a chinese food feast. And a movie. And I'll probably be in bed by 10. Ha.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    vegan pizza,cake,various chips/crackers snack things
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Options
    We're going out to the local Thai cafe before going to the beach to watch the fireworks. I'll be having my usual, chicken satay skewers and coconut rice. Yum!
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Homemade pizza!
  • jenfitnessmama
    jenfitnessmama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Probably just sandwiches for dinner for us but at night we are having meatballs, shrimp, cheese and crackers and lots more snacks! New Years Day though, we will be starting to eat healthy again.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    No plans. I'm still full from Christmas. Maybe fried catfish with some horseradish dipping sauce.