Looking for New Friends With Similar Starting Point and Goals

Options
Hello!
I'm reaching out for any ladies who are starting at a similar weight/height as me and would like to be friends.
I'm also open to any new friends, period!
A little about me:
I'm 5'6, 27 years old
Starting weight was 242 and I am now sitting at 220
My current goal is to see 215, then 199, and ultimately 160
Once I reach 160 I will set a new goal based on how I look and feel
I don't have any children
I work full time and have a part time job
I've been a member of MFP since Summer 2013 and have had some serious ups and downs and commitment issues
Feeling a renewed devotion to the site, I'd love to add some new faces to my news feed!

Replies

• esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, 24 years old. Started in July 2012 at 228. Down to 188. Goal is around 160 (will see when I get there). No kids or boyfriend. Working full time and various part time jobs. I am extremely active and am training for OCR/Mud runs (Spartan Race, Tough Mudder, etc).

You can read more about my philosophy in my profile, etc. Feel free to add me!!
  • teresa4757
    teresa4757 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im 28, 5'4 199lbs, utilmate goal is 135. I have no children, and I work full time. Feel free to add me as well. :smiley:
  • jknox2009
    jknox2009 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Really similar, actually - 5'5", turning 28 in Feb, starting weight 235, down to 222, long-term goal 150. No kids, full-time sedentary job, been on the site for a month or so now. Add away~
  • ktjo1985
    ktjo1985 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    29 here....30 in a few days! 5'5" 249lbs. Looking forward to about 170. No kids here either. I've had more ups and downs than I care to admit, but hoping it sticks this time. Feel free to add me! That goes for all you gals!
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 24 and 5'6". I started at 210 and dropped nearly 5 lbs. Maintained during Christmas and now continuing par for the course. No kids. Full time desk job. Would love to have you as a friend!
  • Hi, I'm 5'8, and aprox. 210 lbs. My goal weight is 160 too. I don't have any friends on this site yet so it would be cool if you'd add me. :)
  • ashleyrowlett9
    Options
    Hey am Ashley my weight right now is 231. My goal weight is 130/140. I am 25.I have been married 5 years in April. Feel free to add me.
  • saribelm14
    saribelm14 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'6 and aprox. 193 lbs. My goal weight is 150 lbs by summer. I'm married with 1 preschooler, a cat and a dog. I have a full time job and ready to step up to the challenge. Would be nice to give and receive some support.
  • K8Y88
    K8Y88 Posts: 48
    Options
    Hey all I'm 26 5"6 & 224lbs
    Ultimate goal is to loose 70lbs!

I have 3 children and snacking is my biggest sin. Hoping to turn my life around in 2015 so feel free to add me for support :)
  • hollydelatorre
    hollydelatorre Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am 30 and 217 last week ( hoping it's down as my clothes are loose, love non scale victories) I also work full time and have a 11 year old step son my 3 year old boy and 1 year old girl. I put on alot of weight with my kiddos. My ultimate goal is 140 range. I k ow it's attainable was there before my kids. Easy to put on a *kitten* to take off
  • FluffyNoMore26
    FluffyNoMore26 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I feel you sweeting I will be sending you a request!! Although I am only 5'3 so no short girl discriminating :). I am 215 and would like to see myself drop to at least 175 before reevaluating my goals. My ultimate goal would be between 135 and 150 but I am trying to be realistic to not get my hopes up this time around. Been a member since 2009 and I have the same commitment problem.
  • min_lyn
    min_lyn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm a little older than most of you, at 36, but I feel like I'm in my 20's...lol. I'm currently at 208, but I've been up and down from 235 to 160 over the last 10 years. I also have a renewed sense of commitment and desire to get healthy (not necessarily "skinny"). My goal is to get back to 160 again, because I felt the most healthy there, but may readjust when I get there. Feel free to add me if you'd like. I have an open food diary.
  • Curvybeautiful
    Curvybeautiful Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm a 26 years old. My highest weight was 218. This time around, my starting weight was 209, down to 206 today. I'm 5'3". My long term goal is about 140-150lbs, but for now I'm focused on losing in 10-lb increments. Smaller, realistic goals! I don't mind if you have the same stats as I do or not, just be serious and determined. Friend me and let's push each other to hit our goals! Time to put in work!
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I'm 31, 5' 5" and am at my highest weight...207.5. I started this a few years ago when I was about 15 pounds lighter, but have also had my ups and downs and have not been consistent. My ultimate goal is 130, but my goal is 155 by the end of 2015. I might be completely content at 155, but like you, I will see how I feel when I am at that weight. I am single, never been married, and no kids. Feel free to add me, I could always use, just like we all could use, people who are in the same boat for support! :smiley:
  • turtle31
    turtle31 Posts: 151 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Good morning, I'm 37, 5'6'' and as of this morning I'm 223.6 pounds. My goal is to lose weight at 10 pound increments also. I am married, and we don't have any children yet. My goal is to lose as much as I can before September, this is the month we would like to start trying to have a child. My husband is super motivated and has lost at least 20 pounds since September. He is still in the 300's and motivated as ever. I am a full time teacher and I also have a part-time job. I just need that extra push too. Hope we can help each other.
  • turtle31
    turtle31 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    turtle31 wrote: »
    Good morning, I'm 37, 5'6'' and as of this morning I'm 223.6 pounds. My goal is to lose weight at 10 pound increments also. I am married, and we don't have any children yet. My goal is to lose as much as I can before September, this is the month we would like to start trying to have a child. My husband is super motivated and has lost at least 20 pounds since September. He is still in the 300's and motivated as ever. I am a full time teacher and I also have a part-time job. I just need that extra push too. Hope we can help each other.

• llkemp
    llkemp Posts: 15
    Options
    well I don't think age has anything to do with what I want but I'm 5'6 weight at 191lbs, my daughter is 13 and my hubby drives a truck. so I have retired to a full time mom. so need to lose around 50 pounds. if any one likes what they read and would like some one to holler out to. I'm always close by.