Straight Caffeine Pills - Experience or opinions on them?

Options

Replies

• dannatona
    dannatona Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    LOL so this is now a thread about pooping?

I've taken caffeine pills many times, if your body is used to caffeine you probably won't get jittery or anything... Just watch the dosage amount.
  • estud003
    estud003 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've taken them in place of coffee- work fine. No jitters or headaches. I DO drink coffee daily so I'm used to caffeine.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    dannatona wrote: »
    LOL so this is now a thread about pooping?

I've taken caffeine pills many times, if your body is used to caffeine you probably won't get jittery or anything... Just watch the dosage amount.

If you gotta poop, poop into this.

hqdefault.jpg

yup, no jitters or headaches if you are used to caffeine. When I'm on my caffeine cycle I can hit 600mg before a workout without any sleep impacts or anything. Off cycle, that's 400mg and I just work out whatever energy there is at the gym.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Pro-Poop at work is even better- nothing better than getting paid to poop.
    There is a woman I have nicknamed TMS - The Mad S****r. Every morning at 8am sharp she takes over the 2-staller near my desk until 8:30am sharp. And then nobody else can go in for another 15 min or so. I'm not a hater but I feel like she's taking advantage.

That's hysterical. She's got a system.

it's clearly working for her. Least you KNOW what's happening and how to avoid it.

Although honestly- I've never understood the 30 min business- when I have to go- I have to go- I'm done. quickly. - It's not even a 5 min process.... I feel like you need more fat in your life if it's taking more than 10 min.

Otherwise- you're just stalling.

AKA Facebooking
    I'm more of a candy crush kind of person myself honestly.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I had No-Doz once. NEVER AGAIN! It was horrible ~ I was a jittery train wreck! I'd rather drink 3 espressos.

YMMV, but caffeine can kill you, if you ingest enough! :p

http://www.caffeineinformer.com/a-real-life-death-by-caffeine
  • dbmata
    Options
    so can water, air, and molasses.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

OMG, death by molasses! Eck! ;)
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    HOld up, I never said I don't want to poop. I just don't wanna spend all day doing it.for the record I have no problems with healthy pooping lol
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Also I have cut back on coffee, 3 cups in morning to just one... Making my stomach too irritable with the 3 but I'm feeling the reduction too!
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I occasionally take one when I'm getting a lack of coffee headache, but don't feel like having coffee. I'm heavily addicted to caffeine. Like almost anything, taken in moderation should be fine.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Ok I can't believe I'm sharing this but I have a big issue about pooping in public......like so big I just won't. Like I will spend my break at work driving home to poop. Sooooo I understand the "not wanting to go sometimes" I work 3 twelve hour shifts a week and I don't drink coffee on work days. Hey, I got issues back off!
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    avoid
  • iheartinsanity
    iheartinsanity Posts: 205 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Throw away the pills, eat lots of fiber, and drink lots of coffee. Always does the trick!

Okay editing this comment - Drink traditional medicinals smooth move tea before bedtime. Before my fiber intake was up I took it for a while (No I don't have any shame admitting this in a public forum) and it helped. Was way less painful than a laxative, too.
  • gin_fb33
    Options
    So what I've taken from this thread is that pooping at work while being paid is best and caffeine makes most people poop.

I've never had any sort of success with caffeine pills. I bought some from the pharmacy next to my old work but they never did anything for me (I was trying to quit drinking energy drinks).
  • dbmata
    Options
    Aemely wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »

OMG, death by molasses! Eck! ;)
    Yup, was quite the event in Boston.
  • feralX
    feralX Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Sigh...just like most threads on MFP.
    OP poses a serious question, thread gets jacked, it all goes to *kitten*. Lol.

Hey, dbmata, pick up yourself some caffeine powder, not as convenient as pills but it's dirt cheap. A pound jug should last you a week at least. :D
  • feralX
    feralX Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Seriously this censoring is ridiculous. Ok not *kitten*...let's go with poop.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I use them occasionally. I figure they are better than an energy drink.

I actually didn't start using them until my first son was born. Until he had a solid sleeping pattern, I'd use them to get enough energy to run errands/workout/ect. I stopped once I was able to get a full nights sleep again, because I no longer need them.

Currently I'm back to taking them when needed again. I just had my second child 7 months ago and my oldest (3yrs) has decided he doesn't want to go to bed anymore. So I'm back to little/no sleep. However, I will say this. There are times where I'm just so tired that a 200 mg pill just isn't going to do anything. That's the point however, I'm passing my workout for a nap.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Used to use them when on the road a lot, They made me too jittery. Now I just sleep more !