recommendations...

Options
alessandragiu1
alessandragiu1 Posts: 48 Member
edited December 2014 in Food and Nutrition
I am hoping some can help me out.

This month I decided to try cod (the first fish I have ever tried) and I really liked it. I am looking to see if someone can help me with my diet and what to purchase when I go to the store. I need to lose about 30 pounds total. I eat veggies, eggs, some dairy, and now some fish. I never eat meat. If I must I would eat very thin chicken (breast).

I am hoping someone can recommend some choices for me. If you have read any good articles or books that are informative I would love that as well.

Replies

• esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    As long as you are eating at a deficit you will lose weight. You can eat junk food and lose weight if you are eating less calories than your body uses in a day. So Step 1 is to start logging all of your food. You need to weigh/measure it so it is accurate.

Eating healthy whole foods will help you by giving you more nutrition and keeping you feeling fuller longer. Fish I like include Talapia and Salmon. Other decent options include: nuts and seeds, fruit, veggies, eggs, cheese, peanut butter, whole grain rice, quinoa, etc.