AM I too big for rides at Cedar Point?

Options
I am going to cedar point in a few weeks, and I read on the website that the weight restrictions for the roller coasters are are 200lbs for woman and 225 for men. I around 5 feet 4 inches tall and I currently weigh 216. Has anyone my size been able to ride the rides? This will be my first time visiting the park being overweight , so I am extremely worried.

Replies

• lisaks
    lisaks Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Krissy,
    I noticed when I was there last that a lot of the major rides have a "test seat" out front that you can try out before getting in line. Hope that helps! Have a great time! I was facinated by the dragster roller coaster but didn't have the courage to get on it. I will be watching for your posts to see if you try it.....Take care!
    Lisa
  • Airplanemele
    Options
    As far as I'm aware, that 'test seat' is the only way they can check. They aren't checking for weight per se, they are checking for size/dimensions. 'Weight' I think is just their objective way to wrap some legalese around it in case people get mad and try to sue them. There are no scales anywhere near any rides.

If you can fit in the test seat, secure the lap bar/shoulder bar, then you'll be able to ride.
  • Crysta1976
    Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have been dying to go back to Cedar Point! I haven't been there in about 12 years. It never even crossed my mind that I would be too big for the rides. WOW. That's an eye opener!!

Not sure if the thought is more depressing or motivating....

My guess though, is that you are fine. Have fun!!!
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I was almost exactly that size when I last went. I rode the rides but remember being scared to death that someone would ask me to get off due to weight. (I'm very self conscious and would have been mortified). No one did. I am "bottom heavy" so I am guessing like others said it would depend on distribution and how you carry your weight. They did not have test seats then...that would be helpful. I would try it and hope you have fun.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I was just at Great America this past weekend and saw some pretty large people getting on the rides... I mean, they had to be pushing 250.... and they seemed to be fine. :) Not sure this helps, but like others said, I'm sure if you fit, you're fine!!
  • cincyboy79
    Options
    I used to work for Kings Island and how we would determine if someone was "too big" was if we were unable to get a certain number of clicks out of the restraint. There were very few instances where we would have to deny someone. The test seats are not really a good gauge as they do not lock like the real thing, this may not be the case for all test seats.

Have fun!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    i cant see that being a problem either??? I am actually heading there thursday. Im more worried about the evil food
  • Nekome
    Nekome Posts: 1
    Options
    I weigh 220lbs and im 5 feet 3. I just recently went to cedar point about 2 days ago. I rode all the main rides. Millennium, TT Dragster, Mavrick, all of the top rides. Yes, it was a little bit of a hassle to put the belt on, but it was still possible for me. If you're having trouble make sure you flag a worker down to buckle you in. I had a hard time putting the belts on myself but as soon as an employee came around, they seemed to buckle me in with no sweat. :)