Energy Smoothies

Options
vfett1018
vfett1018 Posts: 131 Member
I just moved to Washington (it's cloudy a lot). So I wanted to see if people could give me suggestions on what to add to smoothies or even just take daily to aid in energy and focus. I work a night job, and I would really like to have something to make quick before going in each night.

Replies

• vreddi
    vreddi Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey you ever had a Green Tea Smoothie

Green Tea Bags- 2
    Blueberries (fresh)- 2 cups
    Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt- 12 ozs
    Almonds (dry, roasted, unsalted) – 2 tbsp
    Flax seeds- 2 tbsp
    Water- ¾ cups
    Ice Cubes-

Taste great plus drinks loads of water keeps you awake =)
  • murphyocean
    murphyocean Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My favorite smoothie of all time is: greek plain yogurt, frozen banana, peanut butter powder, a bit of chocolate chips and raisins.

As for energy and focus, I would say you can either do it naturally (e.g., nutrition and exercise, and being well rested)...or you can do it via drugs...meaning caffeine.

Good luck.
  • JessicaAnneB1991
    Options
    This is my favourite smoothie which I basically have every morning, and it gives me heaps of energy for the day:

6 x Strawberries
    6 x Raspberries
    150ml fat free vanilla yoghurt
    1tsp LSA
    1tsp white chia seeds
    ice cubes
    chilled water

I also add liquid iron and silica gel to my smoothies.

You can add basically any type of fruit to this. Sometimes I add kiwi fruit, watermelon, bananas etc
  • LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I add things like apples, pears, bananas, beets, cashews, chia seeds, hemp seeds, hemp oil, cacao, cherries, blueberries, coconut water, spirulina, etc to my smoothies. Just mix and match things.
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    There are tons of cool recipes for energy smoothies on the nutri ninja site.
  • beachchic3030
    beachchic3030 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    How much yogurt do u use

Amy
    My favorite smoothie of all time is: greek plain yogurt, frozen banana, peanut butter powder, a bit of chocolate chips and raisins.

As for energy and focus, I would say you can either do it naturally (e.g., nutrition and exercise, and being well rested)...or you can do it via drugs...meaning caffeine.

Good luck.