BodyMedia not available for purchase?

Options
Hello everyone!

I have been using my BodyMedia Fit for about 2(ish) years now and lost a lot of weight adding it into my routine. I noticed today that the button on my armband has sunk into the device and is difficult to push to sync with my phone. I was looking on the BodyMedia website to purchase another device because I feel as if I have gotten my use out of this one. To my dismay I realize that they no longer have BodyMedia armbands for sale... Just jawbone products. Am I missing something or did the merger take away the armbands entirely?

I feel really uncomfortable switching from something I know works to something I'm not so sure of. Any suggestions on something that is really similar? I already have the BodyBugg and I HATE its upload platform, not very useful. The features that are important to me are accurate caloric readings for my day, sleep pattern tracking, bluetooth to my Iphone, and must sync to Myfitnesspal.. Just like my armband already does lol.

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Jawbone bought the company, and put some of the tech in its new UP3. Fitbit has something similar, Charge HR.

Edited to add you could buy a used BodyMedia—but I have no idea how long Jawbone plans to support it.
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • bio79
    bio79 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I like the basis peak, it has all of the sensors of the body media plus a 24/7 hr monitor and is waterproof. It will sync to your iphone but not to myfitnesspal (though they have said it is a highly requested feature and it might in an upgrade of the firmware)
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    jeathey- I switched from a Body Media to a Fitbit 5 years ago and found the Fitbit better in about every aspect, if it helps. I bet you will love being free of the arm band. None of them really 'track' calories, they just estimate, which is all you need. If the estimates aren't working for you on your new device, it's easy enough to tweak things in the direction you need them to go. Good luck!
  • atypicalme
    Options
    I've been using a Fit for about 3 years now, and I recently (within the last 6 months, shortly after the Jawbone acquisition) upgrade to a FIT with bluetooth technology, so I'm probably not going to upgrade again until this thing dies.

Some of the fitbit options look like they have some pretty awesome tech that would be superior to the armband, but I detest the fact that they are so ridiculously overpriced right now.