sore muscles

Options
I have searched and can't find the answer, so I am posting in hopes some weight lifting guru will help me. I have been using the weight machines at the gym for quite a few months now, never any soreness. I have been reading how lifting weights instead of using the smith machines will produce better results. So..........I started lifting at home. I worked out 20 minutes Tuesday night and it felt good. I squatted with weights, did lunges, and other weighted exercises I saw online. Yesterday I felt good, only a little sore. Today......I am way sore!! I was going to do 3 days a week lifting, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. My question is, do I wait for my soreness to be gone completely, or can I lift again tonight, with soreness still with me? I read that your muscles don't grow while working out, its while they are repairing afterwards. I don't want to lift again tonight and do more harm than good. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• bidwell69
    bidwell69 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    you should not over exert the sore muscles as they will fatigue quickly.
    if it's only sore legs then upper body will be fine.
    to reduce soreness try stretching the worked muscle group after each set for ten seconds
    this will promote muscle growth and help healing also you could do some
    cardio after you finish weight lifting as the increased blood flow
    well aid muscle repair. walking or cycling is ideal.