What to drink?

I know that water is essential for healthy living, but what else can I drink? I drink green tea most day too, but I was mainly wondering if other types of herbal teas are ok, eg chamomile, jasmine, mixed berries etc. I get bored of water or plain green tea and I was just wondering what everyone's opinions are?
Thanks!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Drink whatever you want!

During the day I normally either only drink homemade juice, coffee, tea or water. Usually once a day or so I will drink diet pop.

To change up water, fill up a jar with water and add slices of citrus. Leave in the fridge overnight.

Ultimately, you can drink anything you want during the day.. just account for any calories and such they may have.
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    i love ice cold unsweetend peppermint tea in the summer
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    I drink alot of water beer coffee tea Coke wine!
  • hhaddock
    hhaddock Posts: 2 Member
    I do lemon water first thing in the am. Then water all day long. At least 64 ounces, trying for more. Evening, I drink a hot tea. I don't like diet soda and juices and things usually have too many calories, but once in a while I will drink one of the Trop 50 juices. I love the Starbucks refreshers and they are low calorie - just have to watch sugar. It's all or nothing with me on soda - my biggest vice. So I am completely off of soda. Just my experience but I've heard of putting the fruit into your water to change things up and also to help detox your body. Hope it helps!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Red wine by the vat ;)
  • dancerbyday
    dancerbyday Posts: 61
    ANY tea is great, as long as it's not full of sugar and milk. ;) You can also drink soy or almond milk instead of eating a snack, as those are more filling.
  • ak_honda
    ak_honda Posts: 60 Member
    I love water (not tap water though; we have a RO/DI unit and it's T'd off before the DI filter so I have RO water at home)

I also love drinking the plain Vita Coco coconut water (can buy in bulk at Costco). It's tasty, filling, and not bad for you at all.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Infused waters are tasty and really good for you.

Try filling a jug with cold water and long strips of cucumber, leave for a day or so, and drink over ice.

If you like green tea, make a pot, and again, fill a jug with it and some lemon juice, drink over ice.

Get create with water and berries - add some extra vitamins!
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    I love the KFC virgin mojito.
    Can make that at home - all you need is fresh lime and mint leaves.

I also love ice cold green tea
  • janimei
    janimei Posts: 105 Member
    I like Bigelow decaf Constant Comment tea and Trader Joe's Rooibos (decaf red bush) Ruby Chai tea.
    I've heard white tea has the most health benefits (more than green and lots more than black tea).
    The Constant Comment tastes like orange and cinnamon; the chai has cinnamon, cardamon, etc.
    I don't add sugar to my tea or coffee. I drink about 6 glasses of tap water a day in addition to the tea
    and coffee.
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Lots of water, any herbal or fruit decaf teas, diluted squash (get the sugar free versions), and for alcoholic beverages, white spirits (e.g. gin, vodka, white rum) and a diet mixer are lowest in calories :-)
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    100% juice is fine as long as you keep track of how much you're drinking (easy to overdo it!)
    Smoothies
    Lassi (yogurt+milk+fruit blended together)