Spartan Race

Options
Hey, anyone else here doing any similar types of races? I did my first spartan sprint last year, then i kind of slacked off. The group I am doing it with has all signed up for this years and I need to kick it in to gear again.

just curious if others on here have done it. Its a challenge and i love hearing about experiences.

Replies

• rebeccatackett
    rebeccatackett Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I did 2 sprints, PA Sprint in July and Carolina Sprint in March 2013. We haven't signed up for one this year, family health issues will keep us from going out of town for quite a while. We finished both Sprints but they were definitely not easy!!
  • iheartinsanity
    iheartinsanity Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'd love to do the PNW Sprint this year (if it falls in line with my training), if not I'll probably do one in 2016. Definitely want to do this. Are you going for another sprint?
  • lborsato1
    lborsato1 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I am signed up to do the Spartan Sprint in Montana in May.
    I did a mud and sweat race last year, it was fun - couple of tough obstacles...
    I usually do 4 or 5 runs every sprint / summer.... Nothing to long 5-8 kms usually
  • LukerPslim
    LukerPslim Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    i am doing a sprint again. that was enough for me. I loved it though.

Does anyone know if each location has the same obstacles? i assume they all have the barb wire crawl, but are the others the same?
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i did a sprint the beginning of this month, it was a blast, I would love to do another, but i'm sort of chickening myself out just a bit.
  • LukerPslim
    LukerPslim Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    how do you chicken out AFTER you do it?
  • TFaustino67
    TFaustino67 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    LukerPslim wrote: »
    i am doing a sprint again. that was enough for me. I loved it though.

Does anyone know if each location has the same obstacles? i assume they all have the barb wire crawl, but are the others the same?

This should help in regards to your obstacle question: http://www.mudrunguide.com/

• trishfit2014
    trishfit2014 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I did the Dallas Beast in 2014. Plan on getting my trifecta in 2015 by doing the sprint and super in Austin and the beast in Dallas again. They are fun and challenging.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I would love to do the "Storm the Beach" race in Outer Banks this year, but I don't think my work schedule is going to cooperate for it to happen. It doesn't look to be as challenging obstacle wise as a Spartan race, but it could be awhile for I am ready for that toughness!

Good luck in your races this year :)