Options
    tumblr_mlqn3yaO8y1rygc5yo1_500.gif
    giphy.gif
    tumblr_m41lzbpHXp1rvj57to1_500.gif
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    @jasonmh630:

OMG, that last one is Jenny! Oh, she's FAMOUS in pug circles.
  • oedipa_maas
    Options
    sherambler wrote: »
    Wouldn't you know that when I was at my thinnest I was running with my dog on a regular basis. I wish I had a dog to workout with now, but since I have 3 cats, I don't think I can squeeze another animal into my house. I do have an obese cat that I am slowly trying to leash train so I can take it for walks....it is not going well. :(

Oh dear, they do hate those leashes, don't they?
  • oedipa_maas
    Options
    dym123 wrote: »
    <---My dog loves to hang out with me when I'm working out and lick the sweat off my face

I think all dogs like people best when we are a little gross.
  • oedipa_maas
    Options
    My dog will be 4 next month and is definitely a big motivator for me. He's lost 9 lbs with me. Haha. Even at 4 he's still my puppy <3 I don't know what I'd do without him.

That's awesome! Mine is almost 4 too and also acts like a little goof :)
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    GothyFaery wrote: »
    I have four puppies! Each with their very own unique personality. Scully and Dixie are my young puppies (just turned 1 year). Dixie is a blue heeler/sheltie mix that we just adopted 6 months ago. She likes to stab you with her nose to get your attention and if you have forgotten that you were in the middle of petting her, she punches you in the face to remind you. Scully has been with us since she was 8 weeks. She's a terrier mix with seemingly endless amounts of energy. But she knows when it's bed time and she will curl up on 78% of my pillow and look up at me with those big puppy eyes until I lay down then she licks my forehead before falling asleep.

My two old dogs are Molly and Ruby. Molly is 14/15 year old cockapoo who thinks she is a royal princess that needs to be fawned over. She's getting a little senile in her old age but sometimes can just run and run nonstop like a puppy. Ruby is my big fat beagle, about 9/10 years old. She knows she has a weight issue but just doesn't care. She always knows when I'm feeling bad and will push the others away from me and just curl up next to me until I'm feeling better.

My dogs are everything to me. I can't imagine life without them. They make sure I get up on time every morning (even on the weekends :| ) and they are always there for me. They are always excited to welcome me home even if I was just gone for a few minutes. They keep me warm at night and give me a reason to run in circles in my backyard.

Agreed, everyone needs a puppy or something!

So many doggies, how wonderful! Hee, Ruby. You do you, honey!

Have you ever seen this video from Kids in the Hall about terriers? https://youtube.com/watch?v=j5bIW882OR8

I hadn't seen that before but it's pretty much spot on.
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    We have 3 dogs and a cat.

My oldest dog is a 4.5 year old 130 lb. brindle Great Dane/English Mastiff mix named Des. She's the most mellow, placid, and loving puppy in the world. She loves to play catch with her tennis ball, wrestle and play tug-of-war with Mace, our youngest, and just lay with me on the couch.

Harper is a 4 year old 120 lb blue Great Dane, and she, like the whole family except for Des and Mace, struggles with her weight. She is our introvert. She doesn't like a lot of commotion around and goes and hides in her crate when life gets too crazy around her. She literally bounces when she sees us, when it's dinner time, or, especially when someone asks her if she wants to go for a ride in the truck.

Mace, the youngest, is about 1.5 years and is an all black Great Dane except for a small patch of white on his chest. He weighs about 160 lbs and is affectionately known as "moose head" or, sometimes, "Nightmare Dog" or "Buyer's Remorse." He's a handful but we love him to death. He "herds" us when we're trying to get somewhere like the kitchen where he isn't allowed. By which I mean, when you're trying to go somewhere he can't he'll cut in front of you, lean against your legs, and try to keep you from going around him. Let me tell you, when an energetic, 160 lb dog want to keep you in a room he can do a pretty good job of it! He loves to have hands on him at all times and is a complete attention hound.

Guido, the cat, is the grumpy old man of the group. He's about 7, and we raised him from a newborn 24 hour old kitten and bottle-fed him after his mother was hit by a car moving him and his littermates after they were born. He now owns the house we live in, keeps the dogs in line with an iron fist, and generally looks down on us with scorn. He also loves to plop down right under my face when I'm doing pushups so I get a big face full of his fluffy fur on every rep.

I love my babies and couldn't imagine life without them! Well... maybe without Guido. :-)
  • WranglerMichelle
    WranglerMichelle Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have a 10-year-old Black Lab/Pit Bull mix named Wrangler. He's got that "class clown" personality and loves being the center of attention. My husband and I got him a giant rawhide for Christmas, and he hasn't put it down since he opened it, haha! He even sleeps with it. He's got the most expressive face I've ever seen on a dog, and I swear he can talk sometimes. Whenever I'm feeling sad, he tries to get me to laugh. He's not one of those dogs that can sit there and be sad with me. Nope, he's gotta chase his tail, squeak his toys, and roll around on his back while making happy puppy noises. He'll stop every once in a while to check on me and make sure it's working.

He's my running buddy, too! I call him my pace coach. And he will also try to encourage me while I'm lifting or doing bodyweight exercises at home. He's a goofball, but that's why I love him. :)
  • adge1475
    adge1475 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hey I just put 10 goldfish in my tank. They're awesome . And live longer than dogs

I take it back then. By example they encourage people to swim and live in little castles, as all creatures should.

This mental image made me so freaking happy. Thank you, random pug.
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    IN for puppies and dogs! LOL. My dog rules. We obtained him 3 (or 4?) years ago when some asshat dumped him off at the end of our road! He is a 5 year old, 80lb German Shepherd who thinks he's a lap dog and loves to snuggle with his momma. He still has a lot of puppy in him and I swear he understands what we're saying. He's the sweetest, most lovey dog ever. All he wants is pets, and treats. Unfortunately he's NOT a good workout partner. He's not very good to run with and I can't have him in the room when I'm exercising. He almost knocked me off the treadmill once and if he sees me doing aerobics he starts barking and jumping all over me LOL. Love him though.x3ch8h61q6ya.jpg
  • oedipa_maas
    Options
    ntnunk wrote: »
    We have 3 dogs and a cat.

My oldest dog is a 4.5 year old 130 lb. brindle Great Dane/English Mastiff mix named Des. She's the most mellow, placid, and loving puppy in the world. She loves to play catch with her tennis ball, wrestle and play tug-of-war with Mace, our youngest, and just lay with me on the couch.

Harper is a 4 year old 120 lb blue Great Dane, and she, like the whole family except for Des and Mace, struggles with her weight. She is our introvert. She doesn't like a lot of commotion around and goes and hides in her crate when life gets too crazy around her. She literally bounces when she sees us, when it's dinner time, or, especially when someone asks her if she wants to go for a ride in the truck.

Mace, the youngest, is about 1.5 years and is an all black Great Dane except for a small patch of white on his chest. He weighs about 160 lbs and is affectionately known as "moose head" or, sometimes, "Nightmare Dog" or "Buyer's Remorse." He's a handful but we love him to death. He "herds" us when we're trying to get somewhere like the kitchen where he isn't allowed. By which I mean, when you're trying to go somewhere he can't he'll cut in front of you, lean against your legs, and try to keep you from going around him. Let me tell you, when an energetic, 160 lb dog want to keep you in a room he can do a pretty good job of it! He loves to have hands on him at all times and is a complete attention hound.

Guido, the cat, is the grumpy old man of the group. He's about 7, and we raised him from a newborn 24 hour old kitten and bottle-fed him after his mother was hit by a car moving him and his littermates after they were born. He now owns the house we live in, keeps the dogs in line with an iron fist, and generally looks down on us with scorn. He also loves to plop down right under my face when I'm doing pushups so I get a big face full of his fluffy fur on every rep.

I love my babies and couldn't imagine life without them! Well... maybe without Guido. :-)

I love this post so much. I cracked up that your little cat can wrangle your YOOGE doggies. Great Danes are one of my favorite breeds on earth. They are gentle and sweet and so playful. There was a guy who used to walk his 5 Great Danes in an off leash park I used to go to with my late pug. All of them would frolic and try to play with her even though she was only 12 lbs. She would run in and out between their legs!

Once on a beach we met a mastiff who had the same coloring as my fawn pug. He looked like a gigantic version of my tiny pug. When they touched nose to nose I almost died from the cuteness.
  • oedipa_maas
    Options
    I have a 10-year-old Black Lab/Pit Bull mix named Wrangler. He's got that "class clown" personality and loves being the center of attention. My husband and I got him a giant rawhide for Christmas, and he hasn't put it down since he opened it, haha! He even sleeps with it. He's got the most expressive face I've ever seen on a dog, and I swear he can talk sometimes. Whenever I'm feeling sad, he tries to get me to laugh. He's not one of those dogs that can sit there and be sad with me. Nope, he's gotta chase his tail, squeak his toys, and roll around on his back while making happy puppy noises. He'll stop every once in a while to check on me and make sure it's working.

He's my running buddy, too! I call him my pace coach. And he will also try to encourage me while I'm lifting or doing bodyweight exercises at home. He's a goofball, but that's why I love him. :)

He sounds like a wonderful dog. I can't get over all the things he does to cheer you up! What a smart sweet puppy.

Goofy is a truly sterling quality in a dog!

• oedipa_maas
    Options
    adge1475 wrote: »
    Hey I just put 10 goldfish in my tank. They're awesome . And live longer than dogs

I take it back then. By example they encourage people to swim and live in little castles, as all creatures should.

This mental image made me so freaking happy. Thank you, random pug.

:)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    My fatty beagle loves sleeping, snacks and to go walkies, in that order. He also moonlights as a speed bump so we don't move too quickly through the house. Just keeping us safe.
  • oedipa_maas
    Options
    IN for puppies and dogs! LOL. My dog rules. We obtained him 3 (or 4?) years ago when some asshat dumped him off at the end of our road! He is a 5 year old, 80lb German Shepherd who thinks he's a lap dog and loves to snuggle with his momma. He still has a lot of puppy in him and I swear he understands what we're saying. He's the sweetest, most lovey dog ever. All he wants is pets, and treats. Unfortunately he's NOT a good workout partner. He's not very good to run with and I can't have him in the room when I'm exercising. He almost knocked me off the treadmill once and if he sees me doing aerobics he starts barking and jumping all over me LOL. Love him though.

He's absolutely beautiful! German Shepherds are so incredibly smart. My little girl is smart only in pug terms, god love her. A friend of mine had a long haired shepherd and that dog astonished me how quick it picked things up.
  • oedipa_maas
    Options
    My fatty beagle loves sleeping, snacks and to go walkies, in that order. He also moonlights as a speed bump so we don't move too quickly through the house. Just keeping us safe.

Hee, that's fantastic. Pugs emulate speed bumps too!
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    He also moonlights as a speed bump so we don't move too quickly through the house. Just keeping us safe.
    Hahahahaha! I love this! My cat does the same thing. But I'm pretty sure it's not our safety he's concerned about. He's hoping to crash us so he can cackle evilly at the ensuing carnage.

• GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options

My beagle plays speed bump as well!! She especially likes to be a speed bump at the bottom of the stairs!
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    IN for puppies and dogs! LOL. My dog rules. We obtained him 3 (or 4?) years ago when some asshat dumped him off at the end of our road! He is a 5 year old, 80lb German Shepherd who thinks he's a lap dog and loves to snuggle with his momma. He still has a lot of puppy in him and I swear he understands what we're saying. He's the sweetest, most lovey dog ever. All he wants is pets, and treats. Unfortunately he's NOT a good workout partner. He's not very good to run with and I can't have him in the room when I'm exercising. He almost knocked me off the treadmill once and if he sees me doing aerobics he starts barking and jumping all over me LOL. Love him though.

He's absolutely beautiful! German Shepherds are so incredibly smart. My little girl is smart only in pug terms, god love her. A friend of mine had a long haired shepherd and that dog astonished me how quick it picked things up.

He is wicked smart! At night he gets a pig ear for a treat and he knows what time he usually gets it and goes ape when we ask him what time it is or if we tap our wrist. It is too funny. He also figured out that if he runs ahead then we hide on him on the way to get the pig ear so he now stays next to whoever is getting it.
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Yes... Puppies are the greatest companion ever!

My boy, Frosty!
    73gvtbxwoyoy.jpg
    tccbd5u3uvtw.jpg