hello my journey is to lose 50lbs

Options
Ive tried paying for diets as well as many of my own. This time I'm going in with the state of mind to be a fat burning machine GOal is 5 pounds a week :D

Replies

• FluffyNoMore26
    FluffyNoMore26 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    A little high of a goal to maintatin the futhre down you go. But I like your spirit sending you a friend request because I too am looking to lose 50 and 5 lbs a week would be ammmmaaaazzzing!!!
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP !

Ultimate Challenge
  • 1976mmm
    1976mmm Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good spirit - mine to as im fed up with a bit here and there. Is now all or nothing. Got two dress sizes to loose to fit in my wedding dress in March...thought was a good idea to order my dress a size to small for motivation but still couldnt get into things..now im running out of time...lol
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 40 lbs and I need all the support I can get, please everyone friend me!! Also, if there is any good challenges out there please let me know.
  • DerekVTX
    DerekVTX Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Don't take it the wrong way........but you are going to fail. Sounds like I have a horrible attitude right? MFP recommends a maximum weight loss of 2lbs per week and for good reason. If you try to do this too fast and do not get adequate nutrition you may experience things like thinning hair, muscle loss, poor skin, loose saggy skin, etc, etc. I think you need to follow the MFP program, lose at a controlled pace, and if you stick to it you will have the ability to properly change your lifestyle and eventually enter into maintenance properly. Plus you will be stronger healthier and look better.

I have heard of some people losing at a pace of more than 2lbs per week with Veggie & Fruit Juicing fasting, but do not know enough about it to offer any advice.
  • alasha07
    alasha07 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree with Derek. I love your attitude on this and some weeks you will lose more weight but losing to much to fast without proper doctor guidance is dangerous. So please stick to the MFP recommendations. Don't lose that spirit though. You have a great attitude and spunk. I know you will do great.
  • BakaNekoChan
    BakaNekoChan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The first few will melt off if you stick to it. Don't get thrown off if you hit a plateau. And just make sure you do it healthy.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Ive tried paying for diets as well as many of my own. This time I'm going in with the state of mind to be a fat burning machine GOal is 5 pounds a week :D

Welcome :) You've come to the right place to succeed for sure!

I'll be honest anything more than 2 lbs a week is really not suggested unless supervised by a physician. When someone has 100+ to lose a loss of more than 2 lbs. might happen in a healthy manner.

Please be safe and I see others are sharing their concerns and enthusiasm with you as well. When we lose weight, what's the most important thing we wanna do? Keep it off, right? Absolutely!! lol Losing slow will more likely do that.

(*) Hooray for your positive attitude of jumping in and no longer paying for what you most likely already know how to do. ;)

• Electra3
    Electra3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    In need of friends along this journey! Add me up
  • KimThoms
    Options
    Hi everyone! I need to loose 40lbs to get back to where I was before I started!! B) So excited!!
  • kylasantucci
    kylasantucci Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm going off of what my body is doing before I started using this app with my diet I was loosing 5 pounds a week. Mine is not really food fat though mine is from baby's. So everyone's body reacts different thank you for the concerns