My first big NSVs!

Options
So I am only down 17 lbs, but I have had a couple of huge NSVs this week! Yesterday I noticed that my silver bracelet, which is usually fitted to my wrist, was actually hanging on my wrist... there was about a half inch between my bracelet and my wrist. I mean, who thinks of the weight loss in your wrists?? Certainly not me!

And THEN, this morning I pulled a pair of pants out of my closet that I have had hanging in there for about 2 years - I've never been able to get them on. They are white linen slacks that I have been drooling over since the day I got them. I tried them on about a week before I started my weight loss journey, and I couldn't even get them up over my hips. Today they are ON, BUTTONED, and I AM WEARING THEM TO WORK!! They are tight, but by god, I am wearing them!! LOL ;)

Besides all of that, I have a few coworkers that have commented on how great I look, lately, too! I'm just so excited about all of the changes. I feel like 17 lbs isn't a LOT of weight, especially since I still have about 90 more to lose, but since I've been working out so much, the loss in inches is much more noticeable than the scale is letting on. Anyway, I just had to share with people who would understand how great this is!

Replies

• momhockey36
    momhockey36 Posts: 15
    Options
    :smile: Enjoy your acheivments! Keep up the great work!
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Aww! Yay for you!!!!! :drinker:

I haven't noticed a darn thing. I keep wondering if my scale is broken because I see no difference in my body.
  • Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congrats - that's great! It's great to have those kind of victories because it will keep you motivated to continue working hard to reach your goals.

I put on a pair of workout shorts the other day, and instead of bunching up, they were almost falling off of me! It was such an amazing feeling. Next stop - the pants in my closet that have been mocking me!
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Great job! Enjoy wearing those pants- it sounds like soon they'll be too small for you.
  • MrsDanner78
    MrsDanner78 Posts: 107
    Options
    Great job! Enjoy wearing those pants- it sounds like soon they'll be too small for you.

I would hope they're actually too big for me... ;)
  • ladykatya
    ladykatya Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great job, Lady! :)

(You knew I couldn't see this post and then not comment!!!)

Keep up the good work.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Congrats and be proud of those 17 lbs! Every lb. is an achievement! Think about those 17 lbs. in this way...imagine yourself carrying three 5 lb. bags of flour around all day. Creates a pictures of what you have taken off your body doesn't it? Keep that in mind and enjoy wearing those white pants until they are too big for you. With dedication that won't be long!
  • MrsDanner78
    Options
    Great job, Lady! :)

(You knew I couldn't see this post and then not comment!!!)

Keep up the good work.

Mel, I now TOTALLY get how you've been feeling over the last few months as you started to fit into clothes better and smaller sizes! :D You're my inspiration!
  • MrsDanner78
    Options
    Congrats and be proud of those 17 lbs! Every lb. is an achievement! Think about those 17 lbs. in this way...imagine yourself carrying three 5 lb. bags of flour around all day. Creates a pictures of what you have taken off your body doesn't it? Keep that in mind and enjoy wearing those white pants until they are too big for you. With dedication that won't be long!

Thanks!! I actually think of every pound as a pound of butter... visualizing that is really fun... LOL
  • luckyshilling
    luckyshilling Posts: 229
    Options
    That is awesome! Those are great victories and I think your attitude is great. I am an inches over scale girl myself and I am just waiting till I can slip on this one pair of shorts I have been dying to wear this summer.

Oh Yes, they will be mine!!!! Bwa ha ha :drinker:
  • amvis
    amvis Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Awesome...good job...you should really be proud of the 17 lb loss :)
  • Pink_Cheek
    Pink_Cheek Posts: 92
    Options
    How awesome, and congrats. I think 17lbs is a great accomplishment. The inches gone with those 17lbs is amazing.

Congrats and keep it up!!!
  • MrsDanner78
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!